• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The 3DMark2k and 2k1 tests

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

As you can see in my sig, my Visiontek G3 is overclocked. Now I can get through 3DMark2k1 with a very nice score of 6144 but when I go to run 3DMark2k, the durn thing freezes on the medium detail helicopter demo. Why would this happen? I thought that 3DMark2k1 stresses the vid card waaaay more then 2k does. I just can't seem to get past the freezing in 2k though at this speed. Any thoughts?

Tacoman667 (Jun 29, 2001 12:11 p.m.):
As you can see in my sig, my Visiontek G3 is overclocked. Now I can get through 3DMark2k1 with a very nice score of 6144 but when I go to run 3DMark2k, the durn thing freezes on the medium detail helicopter demo. Why would this happen? I thought that 3DMark2k1 stresses the vid card waaaay more then 2k does. I just can't seem to get past the freezing in 2k though at this speed. Any thoughts?

First, that's a nice 2001 score. Right on track for that card.

The only thing I could think of is a compatability issue with the drivers you're using. I have never used anything above 12.00 myself. Im gonna wager that something in the newer drivers, after 12.41, is not supported by the 3dmark 2000 application.

That's my best guess, I haven't seen this issue before... maybe drop a line to madonion.com and see what they think.

Back