• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12.8 OC/Benchmark scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
By gaming, do you mean games in general, or do you mean games except the ones with heavy tessellation and/or that are built for nvidia?

That Tom's review is interesting. It looks like the 660Ti is pretty "bad" at skyrim (though still >60fps) and that drags its overall average (IMO a bad way to lay the results out anyway, for this very reason) down.
Counting games the Ti has more of them.

On the actual thread subject, has anybody compared the 12.6 to 12.7/12.8?
I find it odd that 12.8 drops performance that much.

By gaming, do you mean games in general, or do you mean games except the ones with heavy tessellation and/or that are built for nvidia?

That Tom's review is interesting. It looks like the 660Ti is pretty "bad" at skyrim (though still >60fps) and that drags its overall average (IMO a bad way to lay the results out anyway, for this very reason) down.
Counting games the Ti has more of them.

On the actual thread subject, has anybody compared the 12.6 to 12.7/12.8?
I find it odd that 12.8 drops performance that much.

Both cards have there optimised games, like BF3 for Nvidia, which is also in the review, its pretty balanced i think.

What makes you think 12.8 drops performance?

I have tested 12.6 vs 12.8, though probably not as rigorously as you would like.

For me 12.6 to 12.8 is not down, if anything its very slightly up.

I have a 7870 not a 7850 ;) Clock for clock the 7850 will always be behind the 7870.

You have 1024 shaders, i have 1280, that's 25% more GPU.

Ahh that makes sense. I don't know why I assumed you had a 7850; guess I figured most people that don't have a 7850 make the jump right to 7950. Silly assumption, but meh. :D

On topic I've noticed no difference on my end. Well I did, but that was after turning tessellation off in CCC, apparently Heaven doesn't like that. But so far I haven't noticed any increase or decrease. I'm gonna play Guild Wars 2 today on the stress test, and I'll see if there is any gain in performance there (game runs like a pig for how it looks :-/ ).

On topic I've noticed no difference on my end. Well I did, but that was after turning tessellation off in CCC, apparently Heaven doesn't like that. But so far I haven't noticed any increase or decrease. I'm gonna play Guild Wars 2 today on the stress test, and I'll see if there is any gain in performance there (game runs like a pig for how it looks :-/ ).

Tessellation will stress the card, its supposed to, your score is 260 points behind me, 1325 vs 1585 is bang on for a card with similar clocks and 25% less GPU :)

I don't know but i think Guild Wars 2 is a bit CPU bound, if it is you don't have the ideal CPU for it. Unfortunately.

Tessellation will stress the card, its supposed to, your score is 260 points behind me, 1325 vs 1585 is bang on for a card with similar clocks and 25% less GPU :)

I don't know but i think Guild Wars 2 is a bit CPU bound, if it is you don't have the ideal CPU for it. Unfortunately.

They've been moving it about, I get 100% GPU usage while playing, but to be honest I'm not sure how many of my cores it is utilizing. The thing that REALLY confuses the hell out of me is that turning off supersampling and taking shadows from ultra to off, in either case, only makes an 8 or so FPS difference (on the low end, not high). I'm willing to play with no shadows if it makes a killer difference FPS wise, since I've been told shadows are particularly hard on the CPU, but it doesn't seem to really help. :confused: You'd think going from ULTRA to OFF would make a large difference.

And as far as my score goes, my score of 1325 was with standard Heaven. But after overclocking my CPU to 4.6 and then running HWbot heaven Extreme, I got 1459.102, so I'm quite happy with it. And I leave tessellation on in Heaven, I just turn it off in CCC, since doing both at once was causing really weird texture/shadow issues and causing me to lose FPS.

Love the quote in the sig BTW. Everytime I watch Fox or CNN over here it pops into my head. But we won't go there. :D

Love the quote in the sig BTW. Everytime I watch Fox or CNN over here it pops into my head. But we won't go there. :D

lol... Yeah i love that Quote, it is so true and to think who said it just makes all the more amazing.

Anyway, i can't comment on the Game, i don't have it.

Ah yes, seems he's having some problems with it through out.

How are you getting on EpicMango?

I'm going to do multiple stock speed heaven runs and see how much the scores differ. I might have just had a bad first bench.

On another note, has anybody noticed that your very beginning framerates can fluxuate? The very opening scene can have up to 3FPS difference on the same clocks..

I wonder if that affects score negatively!

I'm going to do multiple stock speed heaven runs and see how much the scores differ. I might have just had a bad first bench.

On another note, has anybody noticed that your very beginning framerates can fluxuate? The very opening scene can have up to 3FPS difference on the same clocks..

I wonder if that affects score negatively!

Does the same for me, no effect on overall score. only lasts for a split second right at the beginning.

What are your differences going 12.6 to 12.8 clock for clock?

Back