• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your connection speed? Test and link!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All on a 30/4 line... price $30 I think, maybe $40 its part of a package deal.

Fastest (and I swear I've gotten faster on the DL) and what I've been getting for the past few days.
1900583186.png

What it should be roughly
1900586136.png

And what I typically get

1900582259.png

All on a 30/4 line... price $30 I think, maybe $40 its part of a package deal.

Fastest (and I swear I've gotten faster on the DL) and what I've been getting for the past few days.
1900583186.png

What it should be roughly
1900586136.png

And what I typically get

1900582259.png

Nice. I'm on charters 15/3 plan ($30/month for the past 2 years...now going up to $35)...thinking of upgrading to 30/4.

I think that's the speedboost. As on the 15/3 plan, I usually get around 50Mbps on speedtest.net. Downloading an actual file, I get around 16Mbps (2MB/s)

This is a joke to me... My speed is 5/1... and cost me $45/ month. I live in Ohio, about 20 min from toledo, you would think there would be better plans or FiOs or something. :bang head

This is a joke to me... My speed is 5/1... and cost me $45/ month. I live in Ohio, about 20 min from toledo, you would think there would be better plans or FiOs or something. :bang head

Comparatively, the upload is not to bad for the price. (We just will not speak of the low downstream speeds.)

Comparatively, the upload is not to bad for the price. (We just will not speak of the low downstream speeds.)

Ya... even better, they actually recently raised it. It use to be 4/1. :cry:

My phone has gotten a 16/5 with 4G LTE, and I only pay 80$ for it... (unlimited), plus it is rooted so that means free wifi on-the-go

You're surrounded by TWC in Ohio. No love there? RR is on DOCSIS3 throughout most the state now. It gets upwards of 50/5.

I believe we use to have TRC for a few months, but it the tv was crap I believe (may have just been us too). Now since we have directv, it is not bundled, which cost another $10 with buckeye, etc. But I went to their site, I will have to look into it...

Nice. I'm on charters 15/3 plan ($30/month for the past 2 years...now going up to $35)...thinking of upgrading to 30/4.

I think that's the speedboost. As on the 15/3 plan, I usually get around 50Mbps on speedtest.net. Downloading an actual file, I get around 16Mbps (2MB/s)

Might be speed boost but i get 5-6 Meg/sec downloads all the time. It's really nice :) Higher speed plan with my cable package at a cheaper price, it'win win.

I believe we use to have TRC for a few months, but it the tv was crap I believe (may have just been us too). Now since we have directv, it is not bundled, which cost another $10 with buckeye, etc. But I went to their site, I will have to look into it...

I don't use the TV part of TWC. I have the 30/5.

Of course your mileage may vary... I happened to of had my bill on my desk. *
*Road Runner Standard with Powerboost (NEO 10/1) = $46.95
[Past base Standard]

Turbo (16/1) - $9.95
*Road Runner Extreme (30/5) = $19.95 (I have this, and think it is the better value over Wideband. I pay about 70 clams for this..)
Road Runner Wideband (50/5) = $39.95 (Not sure on this, could be $29.95. If you get this on top of Standard. It costs like a hundred bucks each month. Without TV or special)
For Extreme and Wideband You need a truck roll and a DOCSIS3 modem. You can use your own compatible modem, or have them bring you one. Since they do not charge rent for using it.. But you can't get around the first truck roll. Expect to negotiate down the install charges.. Before you agree to the truck roll.

XjKcQBV.cswqogP.png

Last edited:

You could also check out Wide Open West, I know they are expanding through Ohio (in multiple places) and are pretty big in Columbus.

Might be speed boost but i get 5-6 Meg/sec downloads all the time. It's really nice :) Higher speed plan with my cable package at a cheaper price, it'win win.
That's awesome

EDIT: well, last week I downloaded a 10GB game through steam, and got a steady 3MB/s for the whole download which is quite a bit over what I pay for. Hardly ever stays that fast though :(

You could also check out Wide Open West, I know they are expanding through Ohio (in multiple places) and are pretty big in Columbus.

I have some relatives that have WoW... (In Illinois though).
Seems like good solid connection to me.

Hello from Northwest Ohio. I'm out by the airport!

I use RR(30/1) When we get into a new house I'm getting 50/5 unless something is here that's better.

Hello from Northwest Ohio. I'm out by the airport!

I use RR(30/1) When we get into a new house I'm getting 50/5 unless something is here that's better.

I have Time Warner 50/5, best I can choose from ATM in Lima.

how is it that internet speed is the only thing in the computer world that does not double its speed every year(the same way CPU speed/power and harddrive size has)

I don't think cpu speed or hard drives have done that every year for the past few years either though. :-/

Still, it is interesting. Every year computers get faster and cheaper, yet our internet prices and data plans are the same as they were. Granted ISPs(and their sources) probably aren't upgrading their hardware every year, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys were doing way better over time than a lot of other businesses.

1903026206.png

Have a package deal with TW.

Extended basic cable w/ hbo, showtime, cinemax, the movie channel

Turbo roadrunner

digital landline phone

Think its about $180 a month for everything, tax + fees included.

Last edited:
Still, it is interesting. Every year computers get faster and cheaper, yet our internet prices and data plans are the same as they were. Granted ISPs(and their sources) probably aren't upgrading their hardware every year, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys were doing way better over time than a lot of other businesses.

Like you said, granted they do not upgrade every year, but you would think maybe double every 3-5 years, or the price lowered w/ new plans offered.

Moore would not be happy with current ISPs... :eek:

1903026206.png

Have a package deal with TW.

Extended basic cable w/ hbo, showtime, cinemax, the movie channel

Turbo roadrunner

digital landline phone

Think its about $180 a month for everything, tax + fees included.

Wow!

I have Extreme internet. As I showed above.. 30/5 and steady seeding Overclockix. Plus the unlimited phone. $91.94, no specials - Taxes included.

BTW, don't let TWC trick you. The phone is actually VOIP. Hence the modem for the IP. If you have not yet. Check out the VOIP features in your subscriber account CP (My Home Phone/Voice Zone.)

:thup:

Back