• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is CPU-Z showing 1600 MHZ on my e6600 when i set it at 2400 mhz in the BIOS????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Un-Kut

Why is CPU-Z showing 1600 MHZ on my e6600 when i set it at 2400 mhz in the BIOS????

i have an e6600, i set it at 9x multiplier and 266fsb in the BIOS.... for 2400 core speed.... When i look in CPU-Z, its set at 6x multiplier and 266 fsb for 1600 mhz.... what the hell is going on??? i went back and forth several times to change it but it still keeps showing 2400 in BIOS and 1600 in CPU Z....

is there any other program i can use to check my CPU instead of CPU Z, maybe something is wrong with CPU Z

Deanzo said:
In that case it will be eist/c1e enabled in your bios
what do those options do? is it safe to turn off or will it affect performance?

haha I should have said more than just that, If you put some load on your cpu you should see the multiplier go up to 9 in cpu-z,
In short eist/c1e will step your multiplier down when its not doing anything to save power/heat.

And it is safe to turn off if you want, your performance should be the same on or off.

Deanzo said:
haha I should have said more than just that, If you put some load on your cpu you should see the multiplier go up to 9 in cpu-z,
In short eist/c1e will step your multiplier down when its not doing anything to save power/heat.

And it is safe to turn off if you want, your performance should be the same on or off.
awesome thanks, should i disable BOTH or just one of them?

Its really up to you.
Lots here leave them on to help keep there cpu a little cooler when idle, myself I have them both disabled,

In this case its all up to you, others will more than likely put there two cents in as well, so wait and see what others say and then make up your mind.

My $.02 :D

I'd say turn it off till you settle into your OC and figure out what your gonna have it set for 24/7 and what you'll set it for for high end tasks; that way you'll know how it will perform under stress.

After that I'd probably turn it back on. Should save some wear and tear on the CPU and your other components. Depending on your OC they might last longer. In my unqualified opinion.

thoughts ...

hi'
I forgot to disable it whan I did my last OC :rolleyes:,
and cpuz told me the same ...
what's this?(me think)
back in bios, and disabled it(the C1E), reboot and cpuz was as I set it up, but truely, I did not noticed any change in boot time neither in any program launched ...

so, is it usefull to save the hardware or useless if we don't go too high.

open question ... OC gurus ..? anu idea?

i686

ps, I might try again to see it in action on one full day ;)

I am now running with the C1e disabled. I like the stabe clock speed. I have not seen any CPU temp rise. I am OCed to 2.93 for my QX6700 for running 24/7.
Performance of this rig is excellent.
In fact I was having an occosional "not responding" with IE7 which seems to have stoped with the step down disabled.

Back