• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Commando - Can you SLI with this Motherboard? I fell so stupid asking....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wizzard005

Aloha all,

I fell stupid asking but I have ASUS Commando and I was wondering Can i put two 8800's on this motherboard?

I think the awnser is no but i want to make sure. If it does i wanna order another video card

Just wondeirng :)

No it won't do SLI as there isn't any official nVidia support on these class of Intel motherboards and it won't do crossfire very well either because the second slot has only 4x signal lanes feeding it.

Wizzard005 said:
Aloha all,

I fell stupid asking but I have ASUS Commando and I was wondering Can i put two 8800's on this motherboard?

I think the awnser is no but i want to make sure. If it does i wanna order another video card

Just wondeirng :)
dont feel stupid man... theres nothing wrong with not knowing somthing!

Wizzard005 said:
so why do they put 2 x 16 pcie?
Well you can put 2 graphics cards and hook them up for crossfire but with only 4x on that second card you might not get the full benefits of crossfire.

I plan on using my second PCIe slot for an Areca RAID card.

I went with this board because of the layout and especially the solid state capacitors. I have not been sorry and my single 8800 GTX-OC absolutly kicks butt!

Back