• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iMusky

Registered
Hey everyone,

My question is, if windows 8 is good for gaming, or should I hold my Win7? I really like the look of Win8, but I don't want to lose FPS or something because my pc isn't that good tbh. I hope I will get an answer so I can make a decission, thanks!

GTX 650Ti [You helped me yday with overclocking]
AMD Phenom X6 2.6GHz
4GB ram 1066 DDR3
Win7

You may already know this but in almost every thread on the topic so far, someone comes along to tell you to stay away from Windows 8 only because of its user interface.

Before they do and for the benefit of whoever else doesn't know and is reading this, this is not a reason to stay away from Windows 8. This freeware allows you to turn off anything you don't like and even make your Windows 8 look identical to Windows 7, while keeping all the benefits of Windows 8, regardless of if you use them or not:
http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/

I have read that there are several games that actually run faster on Windows 8.1 vs 7. Might be the best reason to use 8.1!

I personally really like the way how Win8 looks. Which version of Win8 is best for gaming?

Different versions won't affect gaming performance.
Grab 8.1 64-bit though.

Back