• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 7xx for surround gaming? (ROG 760x2?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stratus_ss

Overclockix Snake Charming Senior, Alt OS Content
Hi All,

I have read through a bunch of the links here and other places. I am not interested in ATI/AMD for various reason so please dont suggest that.

What I am looking to do is either 4 or 6 monitors for some moderate gaming.

I was thinking of 1 or 2 GTX 760 4GB models. I am open to suggestions however.

Types of games I play are Counter Strike, L4D2, Civ 5 etc. I don't do the BlackOps or other COD type games. Sometimes I fire up Skyrim.

I understand that a 4GB card may be better for multimonitor setups.

Budget: I would prefer sub $400 per card

Thanks for your suggestions

Last edited:
Depending on a couple of factors, like how much ram.those games use, how many monitors are you actually running it in and their res, you may want to look into a 780 due to the 256bit bus with so many monitors.

You are in a bit of a pickle since, to be frank, AMD is where it's at for multi monitor gaming due to its vram and memory bandwidth.

I was wondering what people think of the Asus ROG 760X2.

In my case, I would be content with 4 monitors (3 for gaming). To me it seems more convenient to have everything bundled up in one card as opposed to 2 x 770s. Would end up costing less as well.

Thoughts?

We reviewed it.. Check out the front page.

That said, it only has 2gb of vram for each card so what I said above still applies.

We reviewed it.. Check out the front page.

That said, it only has 2gb of vram for each card so what I said above still applies.

I'll take a look. It didnt show up on the first 3 pages of google for me. Guess we need to make sure them spiders are attracted to our front page :attn:

Ya I found it after you mentioned it. I was just meaning, I wouldnt have posted back in the thread if the review showed up in my google search.

It may not seem like it but I do try to find my answers before asking :D

Back