• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a small, cheap, light laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jjv687

I just saw my sister-in-law's Dell Latitude c400 and I love it! Its so small and only about 3 pounds. Anyone know of an older model laptop that's really small and light besides the c400?

What do you consider "older", and what do you consider "cheap"? I would probably look around for a used 700m. The smaller and lighter laptops usually come with a heftier price tag.

J.

The c400 is only about $300-$400 on ebay. Older model meaning a P3 around 800~1000 MHz, supports up to 768 MB SODIMM and a DVD drive would be nice.

might be able to find a vaio for 4 or 5. The smaller p3 viao's were re60ally sweet. My boss has a p3 900 vaio with a 12.1" screen. Very small and light. Tight little machine too. It actually performs very well. I liked his so much i shopped around a bit and found a few for 400 - 600 on ebay.

J.

I'll be buying a laptop within the next couple weeks. I just ordered a hard drive and DVD drive to sell with my current laptop, so if anyone knows of some nice 12.1" screen laptops, I'd be appreciative of just the model number :) thanks

I think your best bet would be to check out some local computer shops for older laptops. They usually try to push fixing and cleaning up old laptops around the start of the school year for cheap systems for college students.

Back