• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to set laptop monitor to secondary

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

I have a dell 9300 (specs in Sig) and I also have a Hyundai LD90+ 19in LCD

I find that the LD90+ gets much better colors in games, but I also like using 2 monitors while gaming so I can have winamp and diagnostic tools running on the other monitor.

How to I set the laptop monitor to be the secondary monitor, It will only let me set it to be the primary or let the LD90+ be the only monitor

I managed to it once but I have no idea how.

Another solution would be if someone can tell me how to pick which monitor my games will run on.

Thanks
TheGreySpectre

I did that and its still greyed out. I have used multiple monitors many times before, but when using multiple montiros with my laptop monitor being one of the monitors its does not seem to want to let me set my DVI monitor to be the primary monitor.

On my ld90 I have extend my windows desktop onto this monitor checked, and Use this device as the primary monitor is still greyed out

Which dsplay is primary is also greyed out in the nvidia display section

Set Primary is also greyed out in the Ultramon menu.

I know it is possible becuase I did it once before accidentally I just dont rember what I did

Have you messed around with the FN + F8 keys? I beleive I had it working with this method before.

I don't believe you can set the laptop display as a secondary display; as far as I know it has to be primary, and the external monitor has to be secondary, at least on the Dell machines.

You might try some different drivers, like nVidia reference drivers, or omega drivers, or something similar and see if you get different results.

the current drivers Im using are the nvidia 77.72s with a modded inf, but I suppose I could try the omega drivers.

I just tried messing around with the fn +f8 key and nothing, but thanks for the suggestion. I suppose it is possible I just cant set it to be the secondary monitor but htat would just kind of suck

In other news, Can I run my laptop monitor and 2 other monitors for a 3 monitor setup?

I Do beleive that the 77 series are for the ultra cards...

I am running 76.50's and according to the notebook forums they are the best drivers for the 6800 go...

you are running into uncharted terrortory there... I have no clue if you can use the DVI and VGA outputs at the same time.

:( that sucks

I may have to pull the money togethor for a cheap tower so I can use multiple monitors

Back