• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7xxx series in development.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnmachine

Well sources have apparently reported that the 7xxx series of amd gpus codenamed the "Southern Islands" will be heading to manufacturing facilities early next month.

Has anyone heard more about specs or pricing??

Sauce

7000 series !? Really? Already !? ...dx12 ?!?! i feel like we have only seen few titles that actually take advantage of DX11 ....... only good thing is that im sure by the time these next series of cards launch ill be due for a new set up :D I would assume they are still ways away ?

"however, saying retail cards might arrive some time between July 2011 and July 2012."

LOL... Of course new AMD cards will arrive by July 2012. Thatll be just over 1 1/2 years since the release of the 6970 (and even longer for the 68xx cards). Im not worried about it. It wont be here in July 2011 so who cares.

"however, saying retail cards might arrive some time between July 2011 and July 2012."

LOL... Of course new AMD cards will arrive by July 2012. Thatll be just over 1 1/2 years since the release of the 6970 (and even longer for the 68xx cards). Im not worried about it. It wont be here in July 2011 so who cares.

Yes, but will it be here in time for BF3 launch?!

Yes, but will it be here in time for BF3 launch?!

BF3 looks as though it'll become the new flagship title for PC, and if it does, whichever company has the best performing cards on release will see a nice boost in sales.

It's going to get interesting. :)

i would like to point out the 7000 series has already been released, with the new dream gpu the 7950GX2! :D

kidding, ofcourse.

well already? kinda makes me glad i didnt hop on the 6950 wagon, ill wait for the 8000 series i think :D

oh yeah i just noticed 750th post! :bday:

Who cares what it was? My 6970 is a noticeable difference over my 5850 overclocked to faster than stock 5870 speeds.

I prefer to constantly upgrade. I used to be the person to dump alot of money into a single computer every few years but found upgrading and reselling earlier than expected yields about the same prices so Ill definitely jump on a 7xxx card whenever it comes :) Screw waiting for the next thing, youll always be waiting. Ill just get the next thing and be happy :D

july 2011 to july 2012?
Thats a year, how long are we supposed to wait lol.

Who cares what it was? My 6970 is a noticeable difference over my 5850 overclocked to faster than stock 5870 speeds.

I prefer to constantly upgrade. I used to be the person to dump alot of money into a single computer every few years but found upgrading and reselling earlier than expected yields about the same prices so Ill definitely jump on a 7xxx card whenever it comes :) Screw waiting for the next thing, youll always be waiting. Ill just get the next thing and be happy :D

They're good cards for what they are, no denying that.

I was going to get 2 6970s, but they didn't offer enough performance over a 5870 for me. I'm going to get two 7970s now instead, and I won't be waiting for the 8000 series as my 5870 is starting to show its age a little.

I'm also waiting for an 8 core Ivy Bridge chip to load up with 16GB of RAM.

After that I'll get an SSD as well.

Sorted. :clap:

Back