• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 670 Superclocked Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sucks this EVGA card runs so much warmer with that stock cooler, I had to go with a different maker, but still got a GTX 670.

one hell of a card Nvidia! :thup:

Yes, but it's a baby PCB with big kid performance. These results are very impressive.

Yeah, stock cooling wasn't very good, but temps stayed under the thermal threshold unless manually set really low.

I love the little PCB as well. Maybe use an Arctic Cooling Accelero Mono Plus to keep the footprint small and have better cooling :shrug:

ive just realised how silly this card is going to look when it has a waterblock on it :p so weeny! mATX people are gona love it though

Gotta watch those in SFF cases though...too little airflow and the build will become a hotbox. I'm thinking SFF liquid is the best way to go. Anyone seen Miah recently? Something like that would be right up his alley. :)

The GTX 670 looks like the GTX 680 on older less refined drivers, there is very little between them, you probably would not notice any difference other than having a much lighter wallet.

In performance for your money the 7970 is out with its current prices (tho i'm sure they will come down)

And the GTX 680? that's just a bad joke now.

You can control it somewhat, but cannot go higher than 1.175v. Personally, I had to lower it to get more clocks because the higher voltage made the card reach the power target too fast and the card could run the higher clocks at lower voltage.

Since the GTX 670 and GTX 680 are identical except for one disabled SMX unit, I tried to SLI them. It didn't work, but I'm not sure if that's only because there aren't any drivers that support both the GTX 670 and GTX 680. NVIDIA will probably not allow it either way, but maybe a driver hack will be easier since the cards are so similar? Driver hacking and what it takes to do it are over my head.

I'm going to try it again when a new driver version is released that supports both cards.

Just ordered my EVGA 670 superclock now I can give my brother his video card back.

Based on my testing and other reviews, you made a great choice :D

I was just glad that this launch day was this week instead of later on cause my brother would be home wanting his card back and I would be stuck having to bite the bullet and order something I didnt want.

So Gtx Superclocked or the Galaxy GC ?

I bought the SuperClocked but I'm thinking about returning it because of the heat issue?

Just because it's hotter than the GTX 680, doesn't mean there's a heat issue. I had it overclocked to 1230/3505 MHz without problems.

Either one should do fine. The Galaxy should have lower core temps. It's a full-size PCB with more power phases and 8-pin + 6-pin power connectors. So if it has voltage control higher than 1.175v. then it's possible it'll OC better. Without higher voltage control, that extra potential for power is kinda useless.

Back