• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DR DEUCE

Is anyone excited for this game? I am! Anyone pre-order? What race are you gonna be? :attn: Post pics/vids and discuss!

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20111014041716010_640w.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20111014041710418.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20111014041713247.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20111014041708839.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-20110607051835962.jpg

Last edited:
I'm intrested in this as well. I only played maybe 50-60 hours into Oblivion before I don't know what happened but stopped playing it. Though looking forward to the new installment.

Should be good! Race/Profession unsure yet, though usually I always go for the sword fighter, I like brute force :)

I will wait for reviews on this one, I don't think it will be a let down.. But I wasn't overly impressed with Oblivion.

I really enjoyed Oblivion. I got about 75hrs on it and loved it. Skyrim is gonna have 300+ hrs which is insane. Thing about oblivion is that everyones games is pretty much the same. in skyrim it seems like every character will.be different.

I just hated the lack of enemies in Oblivion. As mentioned before also, I hope there are areas that you cannot survive in until you are levelled up also. Oblivion didn't have that.

Oblivion was almost entirely ninjamonkeys. The easiest way to beat the game was to be a magic user and never sleep. Your spells gained power but your enemies never grew stronger.
I hate that part.
I really enjoy the FF3(6) method, if you go somewhere you shouldn't, you die.

I need to beat dark souls first. Pretty sure this game will have at least 2 patches before that happens so it works out in a way. Or maybe I'll get so mad I throw the ps3 against a wall first. But then there's batman to play. Dammit. Anyways this game looks pretty good. We're spoiled for choice right now. This may be the best year of gaming I've ever had.

Dead space 2
Witcher 2
New vegas
Deus ex
Dark souls
Bastion
And now this. So very very good.

Oblivion was almost entirely ninjamonkeys. The easiest way to beat the game was to be a magic user and never sleep. Your spells gained power but your enemies never grew stronger.
I hate that part.

Agreed. Monsters getting stronger is wildly annoying.

Loved Morrowind, and absolutely loved Oblivion. I got my first taste of mods from Morrowind, and was a walking god, never finished the Main quest though. I did explore every square inch of the ocean, which was fun.

Oblivion, was just heartbreaker for me. I learned the hard lessons of not installing mods correctly, but finally got it down, and it only CTD every 10 minutes if i forgot to save. Loved it though, it was my favorite RPG untill...

Fallout 3.

I hope this game improves on Fallout 3, and by the looks of the game, its graphically incredible! Looking forward to this game very much!

I plan on creating a Dunmer Mage type. I have never gone full mage, but this time im really going to try and do that.

I played 127 hrs to be exact in Oblivion then the game crapped out and I was stuck at a certain point and could not finish that quest to advance to the next one in the main story.
Will for sure get this one, I loved the full openness of Oblivion and the many choices, you had full control on how fast or slow you wanted to advance, many FPS type RPG are too linear.

I hate that part.

I flipping hated the leveling system in Oblivion... I had to remake my character and put useless skills in my major skill set and the ones I need to enjoy the game in the minor skills...

When I first started playing the game I was fighting minotaurs 10 hours into the game (slow player) and my attack attributes were pretty low...

Pre-ordered the second it became available on steam.... but I don't want to rush Dark Souls and I have BF3 to play. Just don't know how it's going to work out.

Oblivion was kinda dumb, but I love the Oblivion/Morrowind concept. They've just suffered from poor execution in the past. I'll wait for reviews before I get it. :)

Also pre-ordered as soon as it was available on Steam. Am a sucker for the concept. Never beat Oblivion but wondered around for hours upon hours...

The idea of doing whatever the hell I please is always enticing in a game. I have been obsessing over any detail that emerges for Skyrim and have to say I am impressed and stoked. Morrowind and Oblivion were both great in their own right, but I think Bethesda has made changes to not only keep it fresh, but keep it enjoyable as well. :clap:

I tend to be a "jack of all trades" when it comes to classes no matter how many times I try to make myself follow a specific class, Battlemage is a good way to put it. I will most likely do the same here, mean looking sword in one hand, burny or freezy spell in the other. But, that is the beauty of it, go and do as you please. :thup:

I know that Oblivion had a lot of problems, and wasnt a game for everyone, but for me it was insane. I never finished the main quest (i know its sad), but i did advance the quest to a point where the portals were oopening everywhere i went. I brought hell to earth, and that was quite the accomplishment, and funny to see demons attack people on the roads!

What are some thing that you are excited to see in Skyrim?

For me the biggest things is how all the dungeons will look different unlike oblivion where they were different in shape but same in look.

Back