• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Earphones not Loud when Plugged into My Logitech Speakers??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I have Shure E2C's in-ear "headphones", they work great with my all my music players.

I tried for the first time to plug them into my new Logitech Z623 2.1 speaker system. So I put them into the speaker jack on the right, and the sound was barely audible. I can turn up the speaker volume all the way w/them plugged in and I barely hear them. :confused:

Is there something I am missing here. I never tried this before, so this is odd to me.

My speakers work perfectly however when these are unplugged.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
When you plug them into the speakers, Windows isn't auto-adjusting the volume down is it?

If not, maybe just a bad headphone jack on the speakers?

When you plug them into the speakers, Windows isn't auto-adjusting the volume down is it?

If not, maybe just a bad headphone jack on the speakers?

No Windows isn't auto adjusting from what I can tell.

How do they sound if plugged into the headphone jack on your computer? Also, what is the volume on your computer set at?

They sound like they have too much bass, but only a bit more than my iPod. I think that is the just this model Shure however.

The iTunes level of sound is the same at 52% in my OS's sound software mixer section. The speakers' output is set at 69% and remains there when I plug into the jack.

Umm... This might be the obvious... but does the volume control on the speaker control the head phone jack on the speaker? It typically does. Try messing with that volume control.

He wants to know if the volume sounds the same from either jack...

The volume is NOT the same. I made that clear in my first post.

Umm... This might be the obvious... but does the volume control on the speaker control the head phone jack on the speaker? It typically does. Try messing with that volume control.

Yeah it is obvious hahah. The vol control does control the head phone jack volume. What idiot wouldn't check that, just plug in, and just sit there "oh what's wrong" :shrug:

lol

Ya never know. :p

See above

So I missed that part of your post I guess. I swear I never read it.

I keep stumbling over this thread and finally decided to reply. Anyways, do you have another set of headphones you can use to compare the behavior to?

So I missed that part of your post I guess. I swear I never read it.

I keep stumbling over this thread and finally decided to reply. Anyways, do you have another set of headphones you can use to compare the behavior to?

I'll look and see, I'm not sure.

I have Shure E2C's in-ear "headphones", they work great with my all my music players.

I tried for the first time to plug them into my new Logitech Z623 2.1 speaker system. So I put them into the speaker jack on the right, and the sound was barely audible. I can turn up the speaker volume all the way w/them plugged in and I barely hear them. :confused:

Is there something I am missing here. I never tried this before, so this is odd to me.

My speakers work perfectly however when these are unplugged.

Thanks in advance.

The volume is NOT the same. I made that clear in my first post.

Reread your first post. You never mention plugging the headphones directly into your computer. If you want help you need to be very, very clear about what you have done and what the results are.

Reread your first post. You never mention plugging the headphones directly into your computer. If you want help you need to be very, very clear about what you have done and what the results are.

The headphones are not plugged into my computer, I made that clear. If you are going to critique WHAT/HOW I wrote something then don't bother. For some "mysterious" reason the other nice people on the forum were able to offer possible suggestions.

BTW, your first reply you posted was less than "very, very, clear" The usage of the word "He", is NOT clear. He, meaning me? or He, meaning the person whom asked the question. Take a lesson from your own advice.

Last edited:
No, that is not clear enough. Did you, or did you not, plug your headphones into the same jack on your motherboard that the speakers are currently plugged into? When you did that, what was the apparent volume of the headphones?

Have you tried increasing the volume out of the OS/iTunes?

No, that is not clear enough. Did you, or did you not, plug your headphones into the same jack on your motherboard that the speakers are currently plugged into? When you did that, what was the apparent volume of the headphones?

Have you tried increasing the volume out of the OS/iTunes?

It's not clear enough for you is what you mean.

In my first post I clearly wrote where my headphones were plugged into.

No need to be snippy.

1.) Make sure the Windows Volume is not changing, and try adjusting it.
2.) Try adjusting the volume knob for your speakers.
3.) Does the headphone jack seat fully into the port of the speaker? I know I had issues with a pair of headphones and Logitech speakers before not seating fully
4.) If all else fails by a Y-Splitter and a 3.5mm extension up to your desk.

It's not clear enough for you is what you mean.

In my first post I clearly wrote where my headphones were plugged into.

By "music players" I can only assume you are referring to your iPod.

To answer your original question: The Shure EC2 has an impedance of 16 ohms. The Logitech z623 can drive the satellite speakers at about 6 ohms. The best thing you can do is to crank up the volume output from your computer as high as it will go, but it probably won't be enough. You can get a headphone amplifier, plug the headphones in somewhere else, or get easier to drive headphones.

Ok guys, the gratuitous comments can cease now from all. Let's get back on track
and help deal with the frustration at hand like the gentlemen you can be.

Back