• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Congratulations Gary

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TollhouseFrank said:
just curious... do you mean "way to fold" or "what the f***"?

Congrats garynator! Good question THF? You saw that Adak is running with that faux simian troup as well, didn't you?! He's flinging poo I say! Flinging poo! ;)

RE: WTF

Here on the folding team boards it has become a common practice to express
"way-to-fold" simply as WTF.

The meaning is much different elsewhere...

;)

EDIT: LOL, I just noticed that it was THF presenting the question(omg, feeling elderly right now...need another cup o coffee to kick start ma brain cells).

WTF! :eek:

Last edited:
Gary!!!! You knock me down a peg in production... WTF??? (I meant that both ways).

Great job dude, keep up the heat coz' I am a relentless hunter when someone passes me in PPD.

Fold-eth On-eth!!

Macaholic said:
Congrats garynator! Good question THF? You saw that Adak is running with that faux simian troup as well, didn't you?! He's flinging poo I say! Flinging poo! ;)

No poo here. Just posting some congrats, well earned.

I fold for MaxPC, but you know how it is when you change team - you need every point you can fold, to climb back up the ranks again. :burn: :burn:

I'm surprised at how well the monkey's for both teams have stepped up for the Great Chimp Challenge. Sure exceeded my expectations!

Adak

Adak said:
No poo here. Just posting some congrats, well earned.

I fold for MaxPC, but you know how it is when you change team - you need every point you can fold, to climb back up the ranks again. :burn: :burn:

I'm surprised at how well the monkey's for both teams have stepped up for the Great Chimp Challenge. Sure exceeded my expectations!

Adak

We're very glad to have you & I think it was nice that you came back to congradulate him.

Adak said:

Adak
Forgive me, but I have to ask...why the switch? :confused:

(at least you're foldin' :beer:)

the garynator said:
Forgive me, but I have to ask...why the switch? :confused:

(at least you're foldin' :beer:)

Actually, I've been folding for a while. I stopped folding in 2002, due to computer problems. (I wasn't on a team and had a different handle.)

In those days, you got about 1-3 points, yes a BIG TWO points on average, for a WU!! :p

Why'd I leave T32? Rather odd sequence of unfortunate events, I guess. I didn't fully understand what happened at the time, because the board here supports "silent" editing.

Basically, soundfx4 (aka Twit), posted I should "shut the F*CK up", which I didn't reply to, thinking the mods or teammates would sort it out right.

That didn't happen. Twit had edited the post before most/anybody else saw it, but I didn't know that he had edited it. I just knew nothing was done to correct it in the follow-ups.

After a few days, no support from anyone, I figured it was time to mosey on. I still didn't know he had edited his post down to something more decent.

Not coincidentally, everything about the t32 began to bug me: the emphasis on every other DC project*, the way noobs are pretty much ignored and disappear like ghosts by the score. I even found the black background of the forum, bleak.

Finally went back and re-read Twit's post and saw the editing - but I was already folding for 11108 by then.

Adak

* What the SETI folks didn't think of: The first spacecraft from another world arrives, and we're still looking for a cure for cancer, etc., from these advanced beings.

Unfortunately, the bacteria / virus they brought with them destroy all human life, because we had no resistance to their microbes. :p

Message to the Resistance - D-Day is imminent:

Adak said:
Actually, I've been folding for a while. I stopped folding in 2002, due to computer problems. (I wasn't on a team and had a different handle.)

In those days, you got about 1-3 points, yes a BIG TWO points on average, for a WU!! :p

Why'd I leave T32? Rather odd sequence of unfortunate events, I guess. I didn't fully understand what happened at the time, because the board here supports "silent" editing.

Basically, soundfx4 (aka Twit), posted I should "shut the F*CK up", which I didn't reply to, thinking the mods or teammates would sort it out right.

That didn't happen. Twit had edited the post before most/anybody else saw it, but I didn't know that he had edited it. I just knew nothing was done to correct it in the follow-ups.

After a few days, no support from anyone, I figured it was time to mosey on. I still didn't know he had edited his post down to something more decent.

Not coincidentally, everything about the t32 began to bug me: the emphasis on every other DC project*, the way noobs are pretty much ignored and disappear like ghosts by the score. I even found the black background of the forum, bleak.

Finally went back and re-read Twit's post and saw the editing - but I was already folding for 11108 by then.

Adak

* What the SETI folks didn't think of: The first spacecraft from another world arrives, and we're still looking for a cure for cancer, etc., from these advanced beings.

Unfortunately, the bacteria / virus they brought with them destroy all human life, because we had no resistance to their microbes. :p

Message to the Resistance - D-Day is imminent:

Sorry you had problems here. At least you are still folding for someone.

yes, at least you are still helping for the cause!!

well, of course, we would LOVE to have you folding under Team32 again!! :santa:

p.s. I'm an ex-hardcore-seti'er, I switched only b/c I had fulfilled my goal in seti!

LandShark said:
p.s. I'm an ex-hardcore-seti'er, I switched only b/c I had fulfilled my goal in seti!

You mean you actually made contact with ET?! Beam me up Scotty! That was your goal, right?! ;) Congrats again, garynator! Monkey business enjoyed by all!

Back