• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You think this is enough air flow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I will have these in my HAF. The only fan I am not replacing is the front 230mm, The TRUE shouldn't have issues with the Delta's held on with cable ties I hope? I also plan on doing the washer mod. I'd love to lap both the HSF and CPU, but I'm too chicken.

order.jpg
[/IMG]

Does anyone know of an aftermarket cooler for a version 2 285GTX? The Accelero looks like it may only work with the first revision.

Hm I've never heard of Coolink. Their specs look like outright lies. There's no way they output 94.2CFM with only 1200RPM LOL. I'd rather go for a Sanyo Denki H101. It is 38mm deep though if that's a problem. Or for a cheaper option, Yate Loon Medium.

Also, Kaze Maru's aren't that well respected, but they are considered decent. They'll get the job done... and I don't know of very many high speed 140mm fans.

Otherwise, you'll have a lot of airflow... I can't comment on placement or obstruction or whatnot but I do know the HAF is a sick case.

Thanks for pointing that out. I checked their website and the 94 is the metric equivelant of cfm. I've requested an RMA for the fans and asked that they bear the return shipping since their item description is incorrect.

You are right that there aren't many high speed 140mm fans, That's why I chose that. What ticks me off is that I was going to get the gentle typhoons instead of the Coolink fans but these were listed as 94 cfm and were two bucks cheaper.

Gentle Typhoons are a great choice but so are Yate Loons for 1/3 the price. There's a reason Yates are so widely loved on overclocker forums, genuine Yates (only at Petra's) that is. Gentle Typhoons will probably be quieter by a small margin but they also carry a different noise signature. Here are some youtube links:

Typhoon AP-15

Yate Loon High Speed

The medium is closer to the AP-15 in terms of RPM so it's not quite a fair comparison.

@Steven
you wouldnt, it is a 12v raditor fan for a car/truck. could use a psu possible but i think the current draw is way to high for a computer psu. would need standalone 12/13.8v power supply.

You don't have an I7. You can't get 40-45 load temps on any I7 with anything less than extreme cooling.

never say never, unclocked/undervolted would... you ever said it had to be overclocked. :)

Gentle Typhoons are a great choice but so are Yate Loons for 1/3 the price. There's a reason Yates are so widely loved on overclocker forums, genuine Yates (only at Petra's) that is.

Actually, I have picked up some Yates from SVC, and they are genuine. Atleast the best I can tell they are (closed corners, larger motor hub). I may not be able to guarantee that they are genuine, but they do seem to be living up to the specs, and if one dies, I'm only out $6 plus shipping. Actually, I got the high speed, and both of them seem half as loud combined as my 120x38 ultra high speed Panaflo.

Performance PC's finally updated the specs for the fans that they said were 94 cfm. Now if they would respond to my request for the RMA since they were listed incorrectly, I would be a :) camper.

I would bet you couldn't get 40-45 load temps on an underclocked I7 either. :) Maybe...if you turned of hyperthreading and 2 of the physical cores.

Last edited:
Back