• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much will a rheo drop down a tornado?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you can set the reohbus to whatever you want. its secondary speed is adjustable.

i have sunon 100cfm fans on my radiator which are VERY loud. i set the reohbus to a point where i cant hear the fans, and my temp only raised 3C

its defenately worth it

well I installed a 15w rheo to my 80mm vantec tornado and I would have to say that at about 3000rpm's the vantec tornado sounds alot like the thermaltake smartfan2 when it's running at 5000rpm. I would guess the dba to be about 44. However you can turn it all the way down and it's practically silent, exept for a very low hum. However for optimal cooling/noise performance I have settled at 3000rpms.

Like the other guys said, the rheostat will let you run the fan at whatever speed you want it to run at. So you get to decide on the noise level yourself.

Setting my Delta 80cfm fan to around 4k rpm makes it very tolerable.

Back