• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who can make custom resivoirs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geoffchad

Registered
I have some specs created for a resivoir - and while I'm capable of making it myself, I'd prefer to get a quality product someone with more experience could make. Does anyone know who (person or business) I should contact with a request for this?

I'm pretty much making a resivoir to fit inside an Antec 1200 between the 5 1/4 rack and the side panel of the case, so it is low profile, but rather wide and tall.
Thanks!

You need to get in touch with Cyberdruid on XS. He does some very nice custom reservoir work. I'm good with round reservoirs, but he has made some very sweet rectangular ones.

www.overclock.net

Look for Cyberdruid. He has his own subforum in the vendor area.

If you are looking for something custom for your computer no matter if it is a handmade res, a custom case or custom water setup he is the MASTER.

No need to voltmod a piece of hardware and cool it with liquid nitrogen either, but yet some of us still do it :p
Logically speaking, that doesn't make sense. We voltmod and put stuff under dry ice to get it to run insanely fast. Adding a res will not make the computer faster or run cooler.

...just thought I'd point that out >.>

It may not be a direct analogy that you compare like apples to apples, but my point was that people do things for their own reasons that dont always make sense to others.

People voltmod, and subzero cool to make things go insanely fast and that is what they like.

People put all kinds of fancy res and other things that arnt needed in their loops (fancy lights, crazy colored fans or CCFLs, special colored water, whatever....) to showcase their work and their "baby" and that is what they like.

Everyone likes different things that they personally enjoy for their own specific reasons that they dont "need" to do and that may seem unecessary or pointless to the rest of us but they/we still do it nontheless :p

It may not be a direct analogy that you compare like apples to apples, but my point was that people do things for their own reasons that dont always make sense to others.
I was poking fun and wasn't expecting an actual response >.>

People voltmod, and subzero cool to make things go insanely fast and that is what they like.

People put all kinds of fancy res and other things that arnt needed in their loops (fancy lights, crazy colored fans or CCFLs, special colored water, whatever....) to showcase their work and their "baby" and that is what they like.

Everyone likes different things that they personally enjoy for their own specific reasons that they dont "need" to do and that may seem unecessary or pointless to the rest of us but they/we still do it nontheless :p
Going with my first statement: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Honestly its cheaper to buy one than to make one. I tried a few years back and it was a disaster, but if you have good "plastics skills" or know anyone who does, go for it. Mine leaked like a sieve. :beer:

It took me a while to get the hang of making my own, but now I have a hard time buying anything commercially available. I can buy the materials to make 3 reservoirs for the cost of 1 commercially made one, and I can make a res to fit my loop the way I want it to run. I prefer to make cylindrical reservoirs so that the only acrylic solvent welding that needs to be done is on the end caps. Making my own gives me a lot of flexibility in exactly how I want to run my loop.

Back