• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lolz @ 240.96 CFM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got on of them and been wanted to us it but its just got a 2 lead wire on it so it hasn't made it in my setup, I do also got both AFB1212VHE & WFB1212HH rig but the are just 120ish CFM I believe......

You can easily use a 2-pin wired fan with a 3- or 4-pin header. Just snip the "horns" off the connector, and it fits. Match the 1st pins, and the fan runs. Before finishing anything, test which way the fan blows, my fan blew the opposite way than it was supposed to.

^^The OP's linked fan has 4 struts holding the motor to the frame, the one you linked has 13 that are more like fins instead of struts.
Plus the one you linked has a gnarly looking blade design that looks like it was just removed from a blender.

No nekid overclocking around either of them, mmmkay? :eek:

Last edited:
I use a comair rotran 230CFM fan... its a beast... It sounds like a jet engine taking off or something of the sorts... I never use it. But its there.

pt.jpg

Just put a fan controller on it and then set it lower. No doubt you needa pretty good blade design to get such a high flow, probably still does wonders at lower speeds. :D

I have it on a light dimmer switch, and it gets just as quiet as 4 low speed yates... The one problem is there is moter noise, If I can get rid of that, the fan would be perfect.

darkcow , i was looking for one of those , because the rheostats that they sell at sidewinder are a total ripoff , mind telling me where u got one ? and what they run for ?

If you're looking for a blower, as opposed to fans,this one has been used with great success by a number of people, myself included. That's 450 CFM.

Generally, a blower will deliver 3-5x the pressure of fans with similar CFM ratings, and do it much quieter. Blower sound is rated in free air, as fan noise is, but under pressure, blowers quied down and fans don't.

Attachments

• Blower 2.jpg
    Blower 2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 123
One of the odd things about Squirl cage AC blowers is if there is too much restriction you can actually over current the motor. I learned it dealing with swamp coolers aka evaporative coolers. I have two big ones on my house for summer cooling. Better paying $140 than $450 electricity bill in the summer.

darkcow , i was looking for one of those , because the rheostats that they sell at sidewinder are a total ripoff , mind telling me where u got one ? and what they run for ?

I got a light dimmer switch from Homedepot, can't remember how much. It was just their simplest model, one that you turn (click), the fan turns on, then turn back (click) to turn off. Not the one you push in to turn off and on.

I used it because the fan is an AC fan where as most computer fans are DC. You cannot use an AC light dimmer on a DC computer fan.

Back