• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Droid X Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok i just checked and their are not that many processes running.
I have Netcounter to track data usage. It tells me how much i use on wifi and on cell.

Rooting: Something is fishy with this! How can there be so many different ways to do this for one device? Why do none of these rooting procedures seem to work the same for everyone? I tried two different ways and it said i was rooted but it wasn't. I will wait unit this has been refined before i try again.

JD can be kinda funny with background Data and apps like Pandora, but just play around with it.

For a board I personally recommend:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/

That's where I started with my EVO and they got me on the right path.

As far as rooting, there are a thousand ways to skin a cat, if you take my meaning. I personally had to go through two rooting procedures to attain full root. It's much like overclocking; Do some homework, make the preparations, and go balls to the wall and have fun.

Well I decided to take off juice defender and just charge when needed because I could not get it setup to my liking.

I'm still reading into the whole rooting thing but I feel I still have a ways to go.

When it comes to web browsing on android I prefer that it tells the site that it's a desktop PC. I forget the exact method to do this but it's a browser option. As for battery life, get you a task killer. I prefer advanced task manager pro. I forget what I paid for it but it was small.

As for battery life from the screen, maybe dim the screen a bit?

The method to trick the browser is this:
First open the browser.
Type "about:debug" without the quotes into the address bar.
Hit the menu button (far left one) and click the more icon.
Scroll all the way down and click settings.
Scroll all the way down again and click UAString.
Change to desktop and enjoy. :santa2:
(Note: You may have to redo the process every time you close the browser, I know I have to :blah:)

Back