• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSPaint Blues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drunkmonkey

I just installed VisualBasic 6.0 Pro and now mspaint will not work,
I get an illegal operation:
Invalid page fault in MFC42.dll
Can i fix this w/o reinstalling or can anyone send me a copy of their mspaint to see if it would work?
I use win98se
Just ask if you need more details
:D

Last edited:
That seems really strange, and since I've never encountered anything like it before, my only suggestion is to try getting a new MFC42.dll file. I doubt this would work, but anything is better then a reinstall... Or format. Just remeber to back up your current DLL first in case something goes REALLY wrong (or replacing dosen't work).

:confused:

JigPu

Its just paint, who cares?

But if you really wanna re-install it, go to add/remove programs, and click on add/remove windows components, and re-install it from there.

Oni said:
Its just paint, who cares?

But if you really wanna re-install it, go to add/remove programs, and click on add/remove windows components, and re-install it from there.

I use mspaint a lot, I'm a webdesigner.
Reinstallig mspaint did not do anything.

I'll try getting a new mfc42.dll, but where could I get it?

Try Paint Shop Pro. MSPaint Sucks. I would say that if you can get a windows copy of the GIMP, you will never go back to paint :)

erm...its a program for linux. Yes its free -

the GNU Image Manipulation Program

Talk about weirdness... I just un-installed a program, and MFC42.dll ended up missing. What a strange coincidence!

Here's the file, I don't know where it goes, but it's not giving me the error anymore after sticking it in:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System
C:\Windows\System32
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Throw it in each of the folders. Like I said, I don't know where it goes, but after sticking it in all those folders, I didn't get the missing file error anymore. Hopefully this fixes your problem.

JigPu

JigPu said:
Talk about weirdness... I just un-installed a program, and MFC42.dll ended up missing. What a strange coincidence!

Here's the file, I don't know where it goes, but it's not giving me the error anymore after sticking it in:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System
C:\Windows\System32
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Throw it in each of the folders. Like I said, I don't know where it goes, but after sticking it in all those folders, I didn't get the missing file error anymore. Hopefully this fixes your problem.

JigPu

It goes in C:\windows\system in Windows 98 and in System32 in Windows XP (on my machine at least)

This is wierd but I went shopping to a mall and when I came back MSPaint was magically working again:eh?: !?!? I didn't even have to replace mfc42.dll, that is wierd, like God is playing around with my computer when I'm gone(Someone in my family could not have fixed it, they r very comp. illiterate in that area.)

drunkmonkey said:
This is wierd but I went shopping to a mall and when I came back MSPaint was magically working again:eh?: !?!? I didn't even have to replace mfc42.dll, that is wierd, like God is playing around with my computer when I'm gone(Someone in my family could not have fixed it, they r very comp. illiterate in that area.)

Happens ! Mysterious Windows fixes it's own bugs !:p

Happy to see it works

Back