• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half Life 2 Episode 2.....CANT WAIT!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hrm well TF i think originally came out as a mod for Quake 2. Basically online class based CTF, Zone control game types. Then it was remade and released fo half life as TFC. TF2 Was supposed to be released originally in 2000 i think. Its sort of became like Dukem Nukem Forever, kept getting pushed back, until it was eventually just thought to be cancelled...but now they are finally releasing it :D

El-Scotto said:
hrm well TF i think originally came out as a mod for Quake 2. Basically online class based CTF, Zone control game types. Then it was remade and released fo half life as TFC. TF2 Was supposed to be released originally in 2000 i think. Its sort of became like Dukem Nukem Forever, kept getting pushed back, until it was eventually just thought to be cancelled...but now they are finally releasing it :D

Nice short explanation, thanks! :)

BTW here's Wiki's take on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_fortress_2

I still remember exactly what happened to TF2...

It was december of 2000. My friend had introduced me to cs, and then we stumbled upon the PCGamer review of team fortress 2....then a few years ago I remember seeing short video clips of animations and stuff.

This is a great day.

El-Scotto said:

The only thing is that this isn't going to suck like Duke Nukem Forever will :)
I read that the ppl making DNF are releasing it just to kind of get rid of it. Like they aren't happy with it but don't want to take the time to make it better.

I think both will have their niche. The FF looks more realistic, and will probably have a different game play style, and TF2 will be more cartoonish with that cell shade style gfx.

yes, amen to that....I got the $8 CC deal on EP1 ...I enjoyed it, but I think I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if I paid $20. I, personally, think it was a little too short for $20.

I'm glad to hear that others have been following Fortress Forever with me. I know a lot of the people who are making the game through leagues and stuff and am excited to see it come along. Although I would be lying if I said I won't be getting Ep2 to play TF2.

Back