• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

concern readings of the speed fan and my psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hansolo

Registered
I am trying to locate whether it my power supply fans which are making the loud brrrr noise.
I have recently removed the psu fans and and took out the fans and removed the dust .
I know this dangerous operation now and wont clean the gpu fans .

I have cleaned the cpu fans and heat sink with the alcohol solution.
removed the heat sink and re applied the thermal paste.
The sound of the aircraft carrier noise still persists

I have turned off the cpu fan and still could hear the noise
I am trying to find out which fans are making the noise.

i have now downlaoded speed fan and cpuid to check the temperatures.

Does anyone know if these temperatures are normal as my concern is
my gpu fan is not being recognised by speed fan. There does seem to be concern
as over 123 celcuis on fan 1 according to the reading

I have provided a link with the following screenshot of the temperatures

I agree which part is showing fast . I am going to be updating my psu as my old psu is 5 years old and was worth £15. I cant have my computer on very long at the moment due to noise of the fans . Ive stopped the cpu fan and the noise of the fans was still very loud. I would like to be able to stopthe gpu fan (graphics card fan) and run test to see if the fans of the psu are still loud.

I dont know how to stooop the gpu fan . The fans of the computer are so loud at the moment

I agree which part is showing fast . I am going to be updating my psu as my old psu is 5 years old and was worth £15. I cant have my computer on very long at the moment due to noise of the fans . Ive stopped the cpu fan and the noise of the fans was still very loud. I would like to be able to stopthe gpu fan (graphics card fan) and run test to see if the fans of the psu are still loud.

I dont know how to stooop the gpu fan . The fans of the computer are so loud at the moment

Do this: turn off the PC, spin each fan by hand, if any of the fans feel stiff, that's the fan you need to oil or replace. If it's the GPU fan, you may not be able to replace it, you may need to replace the GPU it's self.

I might have to replace the gpu . I cant seem to be albe to disable the fan to check. The gpu its the nvidiia ge 8400 it cost around £50 its a cheap price model.

The gpu fan does seem to be spiinning realy fast. The gpu fan connection not sureif its detachable as cant remove the fan connection . To stop it rotating on for a noise test.

nice 1 i will dwload afterburners.
Is it possible to start my computer without my graphics card .Will the power turn on with out a graphics seems a daft question i know. I then i can test if these fans are making the noise.

I will add the oil to the cpu fan as well . As think this fan cap can removed.

Back