• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sabertooth Rev2or Not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fsnow

I have a Sabertooth 990FX coming in in a few days. The question is. Should I return it and get REV2? What do you think? Is it worth it?
REV2.0..................First
saber1.jpg
saber2.jpg
saber3.jpg
Saber4.jpg
saber6.jpg
saber7.jpg

Wait what? REV-2? Which one is this one? like you i have that coming, hopefully tomorrow but probably Tuesday, and meh...... whats the difference? i can't see any in your side by side charts, REV-1 is a proven board.

Personally i'm not going to cancel it :)

Wait what? REV-2? Which one is this one? like you i have that coming, hopefully tomorrow but probably Tuesday, and meh...... whats the difference? i can't see any in your side by side charts, REV-1 is a proven board.

Personally i'm not going to cancel it :)

I know what you mean. A proven track record does count! There might be an advantage, however...
Whatcha think Frakk? BTW nice system and OC!

I can see:
JMicron SATA controller replaced with ASMedia PCIe controller
(I have heard bad things about ALL controllers):bang head
2 more SATA 6Gb/s connectors
DirectKey Button
DRCT header
TPM connector(s)
AI+ charger
Remote Go
ASUS DRAM SPEED

ROM:
64 Mb flash ROM
SLP 2.1(?)
SM BIOS 2.7

There may more. I am not sure how important these are? Kinda new to the new MB's.I'll leave it to smarter minds....

Last edited:
I have JMicron and AI Charger + on my M5A97, AI Charger is actually part of USB 3, which REV-1 also has. its a fast charging thing for your Phone or handheld device, it does not work on every device and its not something i use.

Never had any problems with JMicron.

Now here is the thing, both of those things are software drivers and the chances are they are also on the REV-1 as an update

SATA ports... how many do you need?

DirectKey Button ?
DRCT header ?
TPM connector(s) ?
Remote Go ?
ASUS DRAM SPEED ?

ROM:
64 Mb flash ROM } updates to the BIOS, was there anything wrong with the old one?
SLP 2.1
SM BIOS 2.7

I'm just as much in the dark as you.

BTW nice system and OC!
Why thank you :)

Back