• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WAR Hammer Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Damn! I shouldve checked on here before the headstart :(

What rank are you guys now? And does that server have a high pop? I like servers with big pop. If its good I'd reroll there.

Anyway, yeah chosens are badass. Its kinda lacking DPS tho but im not sure when you get to rank 30 and above :)

EDIT: On second thought, I'd rather not. I like Open RvR servers better. Players on open servers seem to like to pvp more :)

What rank are you guys now? And does that server have a high pop? I like servers with big pop. If its good I'd reroll there.

Anyway, yeah chosens are badass. Its kinda lacking DPS tho but im not sure when you get to rank 30 and above :)

EDIT: On second thought, I'd rather not. I like Open RvR servers better. Players on open servers seem to like to pvp more :)

Yeah we mentioned ti before the head start. It does have a high pop, and nightly there is raids going on. A good majority of our guild is 15+ now, tops was 21 this morning.

Man, I want to be in this guild with you guys! But why is it an Core server

I dont like seeing order players in PvE areas and not being able to fight and just stare at each other is not fun for me :p

Anyway, good luck guys! Raise the OCF flag :D

i joined the other forum to be part of the guild...

Name is shivercoat...if someone could invite me i would aoppreciate it.

Are you sure you did it right? I don't see you registered on www.exceedgamers.org for me to approve you.

**edit, nm I see what name you used.

Last edited:
Man, I want to be in this guild with you guys! But why is it an Core server

I dont like seeing order players in PvE areas and not being able to fight and just stare at each other is not fun for me :p

Anyway, good luck guys! Raise the OCF flag :D

Core is pretty hard core on pvp so I'm not sure what much else you want. At first I wanted to be on the Open RvR but soon realized that Core is where it's at. There is no "ganking" in Core but only pvp skills when and where it matters. Plus w/ Open RvR none of us could go back and help our lowbies out with quests. It is more important to help others in our group than the random pvp skirmishes that don't matter much at all. Scenarios, RvR, PQ's they all help your guild, faction, city and the Open RvR isn't what the game was made around.

I'm also not sure what you mean by Open RvR servers are better as players tend to like pvp more... You must not have been reading about our big pvp battles that last for hours on end as well as the smaller ones to take over defensive boons... you should really give it a try before you knock it. Roll a toon one the server here and get to about lvl 15 with us and see how it's been for you.

I dont like ganking myself, never did to be honest. To me these little ganking and griefing just adds to the fun factor of the game, makes it a little interesting. Just like in some other MMOs out there. And if you really think about it you shouldnt even be in the lowbies zone when you get to higher tiers/rank. So why worry about being chickened out, if a guild has a pretty big pop between the tiers helping lowbies shouldnt be a problem. Besides, you'd want your guild to get big to rank it faster.

Lets not flame/bash now. This could go on forever. Its jsut a matter of personal preferences IMO. Me and my friends tried playing core on bad lands and we ended up re-rolling on an open rvr. So yeah "carebear" servers arent for me and to a good few out there :)

Cheers! :beer:

Ganking lowbies is a great time waster :p Oh well, I'll keep WoW around for that I guess.

How does this game compare to wow to you guys? Is it more fun? Similar types of quests? I'm picking up a new game this weekend to christen the computer Im building when my parts get here and have it narrowed down between bioshock And WAR.

well people get done w/ bioshock very quickly. WAR you would be playing for well over a year. The quests are more interesting than WoW (stuff a man in a barrel and kick him over the edge... or open a cage filled w/ raptors and watch them eat the towns people) and of course there are the simple ones as well similar to all mmo's. WAR is a very nice step up from WoW as WoW is 4 years old and WAR contains new graphics, better quests, pvp that actually has meaning, living guilds, and very nice pve elements.

Are you opening the game with WAR.exe or WARPATCH.exe? You need to be using WARPATCH.exe or the game won't load.

Ya caught my self doing that:p

But alas no I did open it correctly and it still flashed. What I have tryed so far is:

Disabling my fire wall.
uninstalling my anti-virus software.
Reinstalling the game and running a full file scan.
Up dated my video driver.

So I could not think of any thing else I took the game back and got another copy. I was not the only one returning the game and getting another copy ether.

So... second game disk set installed and it still flash's black screen like 3 or 4 times then nothing. Ran a full file scan. Still black flashing.

Any thoughts before I give up get my money back.:shrug:

Well got it working, reset my screen resolution from 1680X1050 to 1024X786 and it started up.

Last edited:
Wasn't there something earlier in this thread about Mythic releasing a patch work around for this problem?

Hehe I couldent find the war.exe on windows vista and the short cut wasn't in the start menu. turns out vista puts it directly in the games folder so some people may want to keep that in mind if they haven't already.

I play a Goblin Shaman named Gorehead.

I got my guild invite already by dapoets and hit level 7 last night (first time I played) and even though I've had some freind say it sucks because they find it incredibly buggy, I found it to be rather clean . I cant stop stressing how much I like the casting mechnics as well where we dont really have mana which means I dont need to sit around drinking or anything.

Back