• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CanoScan D646U scanner problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asmodean

My GF went and bought a new system camera about 2 weeks ago and the scanner came with it. I proceeded to plug it in, it's USB, so I tought "USB... easy to setup, should get to scanning in 5 minutes...".

Installed the software from the CD, checked thru the manual... Nothing special there. Proceeded to scan with ArcSoft Photostudio 2000, which came with the scanner, and a dialog pops up, saying it's getting calibration data from scanner.

Mouse freezed after 10 seconds (MS Intellimouse Exp.) and its light went out. Task manager shows that Photostudio & Canon ScanGear have hung up. Killed em, mouse refused to work until reboot...

Today I decided to plug the second USB-header in that came with my mobo (KT7A-R), still same problems as before, except mouse works because it's in another USB-root-hub... I even tested all the drivers I could download from Canon...

Anyone got any ideas?

I've got that scanner... but sorry, since so far I've only used it with the Mac OS, I don't know how to troubleshoot it in Windows.

It's a great little scanner though, especially for the price. You should be quite happy with it once you get it working.

Thanks for the reply :)

Forgot to mention, using Win2k Pro (SP2+all fixes).

you may have to DL the newest 4 in 1's and the USB patch...( my sister had a problem similar to that but with an "all in one" USB printer/scanner/fax combo on her system, after I installed the 4 in 1's and the usb patch...all was well. I never liked VIA chipsets...never will...

Still don't work, grabbed all the patches/drivers I could from VIA Arena :(

Back