• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can i turn my PC into a proxy server??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluestreakLB

Disabled
For the past 4 years i have been on a quest....to bypass, bess (look it up).

Recently a friend found a website that listed a bunch of proxy servers and through trial and error found one from itally that works. So with this we have access to anything we want.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to somehow setup my PC as a proxy server and use my IP address so i can use that from school (rather then the italian one, which does things like shows the italian version of google).

So you want to setup a proxy server on your own computer? the last part doesnt quite make sense to me, what are you trying to do with it?

And yes it is possible to make more or less any PC into a proxy server, just a matter of why.

goto analogX.com, downlaod their proxy program, install it on your computer. get your IP, and the port the proxy pro is using, then once at school goto IEs settings then goto connections, click LAN settings then at the bottom enter your computers IP and port number for the proxy.

pik4chu said:
So you want to setup a proxy server on your own computer? the last part doesnt quite make sense to me, what are you trying to do with it?

And yes it is possible to make more or less any PC into a proxy server, just a matter of why.

Yeah i know, i was actually hoping this didnt post as i had 3 guys talking to me when i wrote this and pushed stop after i hit submit...oh well

Yeah to make a long story short i want to make my system a proxy server.

Thanks for the link, i'll check it out, do you know if it'll work through my router too?

DDR-PIII said:
goto analogX.com, downlaod their proxy program, install it on your computer. get your IP, and the port the proxy pro is using, then once at school goto IEs settings then goto connections, click LAN settings then at the bottom enter your computers IP and port number for the proxy.

Right, i got the whoel system down to a T, in fact as i said we already found a working proxy, i just thinking using my own would be cooler...like beating the system even better :p.

And before you guys go all crazy about how this may be hacking my school (perhaps it is) i'm only doing it so i can check emails and do my CCNA stuff, which i cant currently do, my school controls very little as to what is actually filtered...

bluestreakLB said:

And before you guys go all crazy about how this may be hacking my school (perhaps it is) i'm only doing it so i can check emails and do my CCNA stuff, which i cant currently do, my school controls very little as to what is actually filtered...

I was thinking it, but wasn't gonna say it ;). and btw, how are you able to get through the school stuff differently when your proxy still has to run through it? or are you using port mapping to change the ports the applications and such used?

Back