• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reseller License???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In canada I'm a reseller..

u just need a business license and setup shop and make accounts with companies

well i run a buissness out of my room hehe i was hoping to get a reseller license i dont know if i can get a buissness license for work out of the house heheh what do u think

Talk to the department of your state that is responsible for collecting sales tax. In California it was the Franchise Tax Board. In Virginia, I think it is the department of Revenue and Taxation. Check the Blue pages of your phone book.

having a resellers license is ok as it gets you good prices with wholesale shops. The down side is all the paper work. Taxes due each month and inventory at the end of year. I can be a hassle.
call your city hall and they can give u a list of things you must have to open a business.
good luck

hey do you think it is possible to have your buisness in your house hehe???? i eman would they give me a license for that im not even A+ certified i jsut know alot of it

lol, im running my online shop from my apartment. As for the reseller license, some distributor may request one if you are buying mass quantities and select the no tax option, such as at newegg. But usually it depends on the quantity on items u sell a month. Otherwise, just pay the sales tax and include it in the item costs and save urself the hassle of all the paper work during tax time. :burn:

How much is the difference in price when buying wholesale with a resellers license? If you know maybe you could give some examples on certain items.

well since ur buying in bulk, some distributors will give price breaks. And since you have a resellers license you also dont pay sales tax for the item, at least not till the end of the year.. :burn:

I had a reseller license in California for several years. I went to the local office of the state tax collecting agency and filled out some forms. For the most part, they just want to know that you're a legitimate business and not someone who's looking for a resale license just so you can buy wholesale and avoid paying sales tax (at least initially). Periodically you're required to report your sales and inventory to the state. In California the time period depends on how much business you're doing. (I only had to report yearly.) In my experience, the state will readily give a resale license to anyone they think has a real business. If you don't file the sales forms or don't have real sales, they will pull the license.

Back