• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

assuming that Dell fixes the 2007WFP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i got the dell and posted my review in this forum
its fine, the color banning isnt really noticable
plus dell's support is awsome..not sure about benq
right now u can get the dell for 340 shipped

To be absolutely honest it is noticeable. I'm generally not bothered and when the issue was raised I looked at my 2005's and 2405 I could definitely see some banding. I checked my older Viewsonic and, same thing. So what's the big deal. Well, I just got a 2007 2 days ago for a friend of mine, so I hooked it up and yeah, it is noticeable. Definitely way more so than on the 2005 or 2405. Not sure if the BenQ suffers the same but at least for $300 a pop, it'll at least hurt less.

AtomicMonkey said:
To be absolutely honest it is noticeable. I'm generally not bothered and when the issue was raised I looked at my 2005's and 2405 I could definitely see some banding. I checked my older Viewsonic and, same thing. So what's the big deal. Well, I just got a 2007 2 days ago for a friend of mine, so I hooked it up and yeah, it is noticeable. Definitely way more so than on the 2005 or 2405. Not sure if the BenQ suffers the same but at least for $300 a pop, it'll at least hurt less.

On the Dell Forums, Chris M, the Moderator said they have fixed it with a firmware update, and will post on Friday on how to get this update. So I am happy! With the firmware update there should be no banding at all! :)

Keep us posted please!

I don't frequent those forums, so please do let us know when it's available.

lordkosc said:
On the Dell Forums, Chris M, the Moderator said they have fixed it with a firmware update, and will post on Friday on how to get this update. So I am happy! With the firmware update there should be no banding at all! :)
WOA! thats awsome that they wont have to do anything hardware wise :thup: :thup: :thup:

Firmware - Really? Is this a real possibility? I thought this was something with hardware? Kind of like V-Droop trying to get fixed with a BIOS update...

I have ben eying this monitor, and the sale price makes it tempting - but only if it is 100% fixed...

:cool:

The sad thing is, they continue to sell these to unsespecting consumers, fully knowing there is a problem. That's why i don't feel bad in the slightest for returning mine for a full refund and demanding they pay the return shipping.

I hope there is a firmware update, but i won't hold my breath...

I just ordered mine yesterday.
I hope the new models (if they did fix it) is already being distributed.
I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Sucka said:
The sad thing is, they continue to sell these to unsespecting consumers, fully knowing there is a problem. That's why i don't feel bad in the slightest for returning mine for a full refund and demanding they pay the return shipping.

I hope there is a firmware update, but i won't hold my breath...

If you do find a fireware link update PLEASE make a new thread about it and PM me. I will be getting 2 of these if they do

n0aH said:
If you do find a fireware link update PLEASE make a new thread about it and PM me. I will be getting 2 of these if they do

I'm waiting patiently myself ;)

We'll let everyone know asap. I have my reservations something as simple as a firmware update can fix this, but lets hope i'm wrong.

Firmeware doesn't necessarily mean downloadable (look at DavidJa's post).

Although the wording is a little weird, it seems like it only fixes Desktop mode, not Gaming nor Multimedia. I'm not sure how crucial it is because I haven't purchased one, but there's also the fact that it may deterierate the monitors orginal spec's. ChrisM also mentioned that those who purchase now doesn't necessarily mean they'll have the firmware update; it'll take time. I'm holding off until all of this is confirmed...either through Dell or those who get the "fix."

I have the NEX 20WMGX2 and think it is as close to a CRT as I have ever seen in an LCD. It has an unusual coating on the glass, which I wish wasn't even there, but other than that it's fantastic. It has an analog TV tuner too. Quality of the TV function is pretty horrible, and it appears that they don't use overdrive when in this mode. Perhaps for High Def TV it does. Haven't tried that yet. But, for gaming, overdrive is quite effective. Pixel resolution on it is 1680 X 1050, which means that you can be happy with 2X anti or even non at all if your card is mid-priced.

A clan bud of mine has the 2007 and is trying to return it. I'm trying to convince him to buy the NEC too.

One thing I've learned, though, is that there is no perfect LCD monitor and may never be. I decided to settle for one that simply didn't distract me when gaming. I got more than that in this NEC. It's not perfect, but it's damned near perfect.

well I jsut ordered one Benq FP202W and maybe if this does fix the Banding I will order a 2007FPW to compare the two. I am not going to take a chance on a monitor from ANY company that "We might have fixed the problem". The 21"CRT will occupy real estate until I get a second monitor on my desk but at least I will be able to enjoy Vast tracts of Viewable land again!!

MoreGooder said:
I have the NEX 20WMGX2 and think it is as close to a CRT as I have ever seen in an LCD. It has an unusual coating on the glass, which I wish wasn't even there, but other than that it's fantastic. It has an analog TV tuner too. Quality of the TV function is pretty horrible, and it appears that they don't use overdrive when in this mode. Perhaps for High Def TV it does. Haven't tried that yet. But, for gaming, overdrive is quite effective. Pixel resolution on it is 1680 X 1050, which means that you can be happy with 2X anti or even non at all if your card is mid-priced.

One thing I've learned, though, is that there is no perfect LCD monitor and may never be. I decided to settle for one that simply didn't distract me when gaming. I got more than that in this NEC. It's not perfect, but it's damned near perfect.
At nearly $800 it had better be "damned near perfect" :eek: ! I am building my brother-in-law a gaming rig and I'm trying to find suitable monitors (19" or 20") in the range of $300-400. I figured I'd check out this monitor since you speak so highly of it, but I was a bit stunned to see the price, especially considering that I am very happy with my Dell 2005FPW, which can be had for $400 these days.

Back