• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Dremel owner, let the cutting begin!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sarsbaby

Disabled
Yes, I took the leap and got myself a Dremel 400XPR Kit from Sears hardware for around $95.00 after tax.

Now I can mod the heck outta my case and any future cases that don't meet my specific needs as far as wire management, etc...

If you don't own one, save up and get one. They make modding so freakin' easy it's almost funny. Just make sure you have basic power tool knowledge.

I'm working on modding the right side panel of my Armor case to utilize fans for cooling the backside of the motherboard. At some point I want to mod my old Antec 900, and maybe if my current rig is ever apart, and make more management ports on my Armor case. If you need another fan port, make one! It's makes modding fun.

If your not good with tools, don't worry. They are easy to use. Make sure you wear your safety glasses though! I'm glad I went and got this.

I suggest if you are into modding, go out and purchase one. Whether it's Craftsman or Dremel, you can't go wrong. There are many household uses too.

I'll post some pic's of what i've done, when it's done.

Yup, I suggest getting one that ISN'T cordless too, much more power in the corded ones. Get a really nice kit too and you're golden :)

Looking forward to pics Sarsbaby.

Yup, I suggest getting one that ISN'T cordless too, much more power in the corded ones. Get a really nice kit too and you're golden :)

Looking forward to pics Sarsbaby.

Yes, get a corded dremel you will notice much more power on them. It will make for faster and easier cuts/modding. Good luck1

Yup, it's corded. I think it's one of the newest models too.

Ok, I have my holes cut, just waiting on some parts.

Pics soon, don't worry.

PICS!!!! Not too bad for my first Dremel mod.

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1597.jpg
    IMG_1597.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 192
Nice job!! How long does it take for you to finish all the 4 of them??

Btw, you have the same fan filter as I do.. :)

Thank you! It took a couple hours total. Yeah, those TT fan filters are great.

I'm gonna have more pics up soon. I just modded my old ANTEC 900 for cable management. Also gave it good coat of Black paint and clear-coated it on the inside. I still need to do the inside of the back panel, ran out of paint. Ooops. Have to get some rubber lining for the new holes too.

I love this tool. :D Here's the Antec 900.

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1599.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
hey that antec case are surely nice.

Thanks. Yeah, the new ones come with wire management holes now. So I thought "Why not?" It's looks a whole lot nicer painted black on the inside too.

You make me want to grab the DREMEL tool more and more..

And more, maybe a little harder too. Now faster. WAIT! You DID say Dremel right?

Sorry, JUST A JOKE!!! :eek:

Back