• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4P Water cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am in South Florida, box fan not gonna cut it. It is already really warm in room now with a single 4P system and my reg system running 2 watercooled 7970s.
And it isn't even summer yet. Will be way to hot in there once I add another 4p system. It has to be watercooled. May just water cool both 4p.

It won;t matter what cooling your going to use Hard....

When you dissipate heat into an already hot room, it'll just make the room hotter.

Instead of heat being dissipated right from the cpu to heat sink, you will move the heat through liquid and still dissipate the same heat into your room..... unless you mount the rads outside the room, that's where the heat is going to end up.

I suggest and very seriously suggest a big window AC unit. The more BTU's the better. The pumpwill run less often.

Your best bet is to run a big exhaust fan (or pair of them) to a piece of plywood sized to fit the window space. You can put some wire/mesh if you desire. Something like this:

outside-air-cooled-pc-e1294681843791.jpg

or even this

duct.jpg

I go with the exhaust outside....

Ya know a heat exchanger(rad)about 1000' down in the ocean would be an excellent cooler:blah:

Had new Central A/C installed Monday. Put second 4p system in Living room. All nice and cool.

Back