• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build Log: First WC Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got enough lights coming out of my fan controller and res, lol

I had a phase where i put blue LEDs on everything and had like 11x 80 & 92mm fans in my case... My last case didn't have any lights at all, haha.

OK, so I started to OC my CPU a bit since I got new 8GB RAM. With the 875K i7, I figured, why not bump up the multiplier? Tried 30x133, but temps were dangerously high under load. I think around 45-50 idle. Same thing with 25x160. It seemed stable enough idle, but a little too hot idling under water, IMO... I didn't touch any voltages yet since I'm not comfortable with all that stuff yet :) Miahallen's guide is in-depth for sure, but just a little too much info for now, lol. Not sure if this is a problem due to my CPU block, but I figured it should be at least decent temps. Settling for 3.5gHz for now.

how're you setting the voltages? are they on auto or did you set them to the defaults? You're probably running WAY more voltage than it needs...or your board is that is.

Eh, they're on auto... I thought that usually meant the lowest. It must be automatically ramping up the voltages, huh? Guess I better study that miahallen article again... damn it, feels like school! ugh! :)

Eh, they're on auto... I thought that usually meant the lowest. It must be automatically ramping up the voltages, huh? Guess I better study that miahallen article again... damn it, feels like school! ugh! :)

yea, auto is good for just about everything but dram, ioh, vcore, and vtt (maybe pll too...) and all you really needa play with is vcore and vtt...24/7 ocing isn't as complicated as some people would like you to think.

Back