• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

!!!!!! highest tv out res !!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gg

Registered
what is the highest resolution supported by a tv 800x600???? what is the highest tv out res from a video card now and in the future?? and what brand card has it?

liquid nitrogen overclock
www.incdot.50megs.com/

It depends on your card, and the TV. Older TV's only support around 800*600, but newer TV's can support bigger resolutions, specially if they're HDTV Ready. The only video card that I know of that will support 16:9 (thats widescreen, btw) is the Radeon series (although I'm not sure as to which ones, I do know for sure that the 64 DDR will)

HDTVs can't use the same analog TV input signal. Many HDTVs just have a monitor attachment on the back, though, so TV-out is unnecesary. NTSC resolution is way less than 640*480 which is why even output at 640*480 looks like blurry crap. Definitely don't increase the resolution more than that!

Back