• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Push for 6th!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Excellent idea. It smells like boints :D
How many, I don't know.

I could just cycle through sets of CPUs :D
Might just do that after getting the water loop set up. Seems like a good next project to me!

Easiest/cheapest is probably to get 478 board and 436928659827 CPUs that cost $1 or people will pay you just to get rid of them :p
775 is also good idea but in this case it's easy to kill a board/IMC and good boards still cost a lot ( comparing to new stuff ).

@ShrimpBrime , I'm generally testing everything new and old so I have mix of hardware and global points. I would probably add much more if not lack of time as there are still untested CPUs/gfx cards around.
I also don't have much luck with hardware. Most my CPUs are in best case average so it's hard to make good points. Most boards have some issues or are dying. Like I have about 7 untested 939 chips but 3 boards in a row just died without any special reason. I also have some 775 chips but 4 boards had some issues and the last one doesn't want to boot with 590FSB+ and 1200 memory at higher CPU ratios even though memory itself is going up to 1350+ on lower straps and max FSB on low CPU ratio was 620MHz on air.

Last edited:
Flying home tonight...2011 mobo's back from rma so will eraser it up, bin out the remaining 3930k's, finish up the 4/3/2/1 580 benches then load up quad 7970's (then move on to other multi vga combos). Figure there should be at least a couple boints in all that stuff.

Not sure what I'll do next - Probrably get some Intel action in this time around, haven't tried it since before the heart attack but now I actually feel up to doing alot of hardware changes as needed.
Pending mods, work on repairing things and the like.... I believe I'm up to task now.

Have some new stuff inbound to mess with as well, once it gets here I'll see what it can do.

Not sure what I'll do next - Probrably get some Intel action in this time around, haven't tried it since before the heart attack but now I actually feel up to doing alot of hardware changes as needed.
Pending mods, work on repairing things and the like.... I believe I'm up to task now.

Have some new stuff inbound to mess with as well, once it gets here I'll see what it can do.
Heart attack?!? You ok?? Glad you're getting back to benching Dr. McCoy and hope all's well over there!

Started testing another 3930k last night. A little frustrating since I've not been able to modify voltage or multi using the ockey :/

Too early to tell if it's a real keeper or not but got 5.2GHz pretty stable...we'll see what more it can give. Have a known 5.5 one but figure once I get the current one maxed out, will run a few 2D's just to get some boints on the board. If I can get it up around 5.3-5.4 will load up a 9800gx2 and run a couple 3D's before moving on to the next 3930.

I was testing only one 3930K ... couldn't boot above 4.6GHz on good air, not even on 2 cores...
Couple of days ago BIOS on my RIVE broke in some weird way. It had problems to read memory like 1-2 sticks max were working, out of 4-8. BIOS flash fixed it but it's still weird to me.

I started to bench some older gfx cards but all seem already degraded or something ... almost no points and I just don't want to waste time on better cooling when it won't go much higher. One had artifacts in 3D even on stock. Today I got GF6800 but Bobnova already has most of the top 3 spots while my card is overclocking "all" 50MHz before everything freezes ... no comments.

Last edited:
I got involved in a war in the 6800 rankings, that's part of why the bar is high there.
The annoying thing about my 6800 is that it cold-slow's at 0°c. Makes things really awkward.

Heart attack?!? You ok?? Glad you're getting back to benching Dr. McCoy and hope all's well over there!

Started testing another 3930k last night. A little frustrating since I've not been able to modify voltage or multi using the ockey :/

Too early to tell if it's a real keeper or not but got 5.2GHz pretty stable...we'll see what more it can give. Have a known 5.5 one but figure once I get the current one maxed out, will run a few 2D's just to get some boints on the board. If I can get it up around 5.3-5.4 will load up a 9800gx2 and run a couple 3D's before moving on to the next 3930.

Thanks!
I'm doing OK now, working my 40+ hr job as usual and just back at it in general - I look upon it as a motivation to push the limit as far as I can.

Been benching like a madman as of late and it's paid off, achieved a personal goal in the process but now that's been done, nothing to do except push it even farther than before.

Glad you're still around! The benching world would be a dimmer place without you.
Also glad you're able to keep doing what you enjoy, that's important.

Thanks!
I'm doing OK now, working my 40+ hr job as usual and just back at it in general - I look upon it as a motivation to push the limit as far as I can.

Been benching like a madman as of late and it's paid off, achieved a personal goal in the process but now that's been done, nothing to do except push it even farther than before.
Excellent that you're back in action! Hopefully you like your job and it's relatively low stress for you. Yeah man...you're a benching maniac! Congrats on your latest milestone! I finally managed to get the '100 cups and medals' one.

Starting to get the 3930 dialed-in. Got it to 5.43 last night...not stable (yet) but good enough to grab a cpu-z validation. Think I'll run some 2D's tonight to add a few boints then swap to a different 3930 (still have 2 more to test...1 is a known 5.5). Think I'll also swap the gtx570 for a 7970 lightning or 9800gx2 and try a couple 3D's.

Go team go!!! Love Dr. McCoy and the rest of the classicplatforms crew but they're kinda in the way atm hehehehe

Y'know Dr. McCoy..if you guys joined us we'd be the #1 global team ;P

Y'know Dr. McCoy..if you guys joined us we'd be the #1 global team;P

I support this idea.

With their ever present point base, and our guys pushing newer equipment, we would be unstoppable.

Edit: They only have 18 people? Holy crap o_O

IKR...crazy, huh?

mind-blown.jpeg

Classic Platforms = HSMB

Highly Skilled Mature Benchers

Member for member arguably the best team on the face of the planet.

Hardware is hardware, they simply are that good IMO

They score boints like most of us drink water

Only 6 or 7 active benchers. ;)

Thank you Brian.

And thanks to the staff for letting some of us hang here sometimes. I enjoy the tech help sections, and you get much much more traffic here than we do.

Only 6 or 7 active benchers. ;)

Thank you Brian.

And thanks to the staff for letting some of us hang here sometimes. I enjoy the tech help sections, and you get much much more traffic here than we do.

We welcome your (both yourself and the team as a whole) knowledge and company :)

Can't have enough good knowledge in one forum!

Hey, it's just fun guys. We can say there are at least 3 addicts on our team. You can call them grinders, but I call them crazed for more more MORE! Like Crack Bro!

Here's a more recent contribution to my team. And yes sub zero got me 2 whole points and the team like 5. Woopty!

http://valid.canardpc.com/yuycgc

Attachments

• 4170 6900mhz valid pic.png
    4170 6900mhz valid pic.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 32
Back