• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heat shrink clamps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope, these are used as hose clamps. I checked at Grainger, but they had to order in.

I ordered some from amazon. Item number is B001GUK1H0.
I will reply back after I get them and try them out.

Last edited:
I received these clamps already. I am working on my hose routing, then I am going to try them out.

Any updates?

Not yet. I am still trying to decide where to locate my pump. I want to keep it up closer to radiator and blocks, so there are not longer tubing runs to the bottom of my case. I hope to have everything up and running by the end of the weekend.

Here is a picture of case with main components mostly in place before hoses.

IMG_20131007_182118_zps4092f500.jpg

Here is a how to guide:

Basic steps are:
1. Crush cardboard sleeve to get clamp free.
2. Put clamp and hose in place.
3. Apply slow even heat with heat gun, let cool.

I then cleaned off the writing on the clamp. I found that acetone cleans it up quite well.
The hose seems to clamp into place well. I twisted the fittings in by twisting the hose. They did not spin and seemed to be tight. I am building the hoses seperate, then assembling everything. Since I cannot spin every component, I will use the black nylon click clamps for the ends that are more hidden. You could use these shrink clamps on all fittings, but you have to be careful about not getting surrounding things too hot. These clamps have to be cut off to be removed.

Hose with barb. (Pardon my hose...It was supposed to be black.)

IMG_20131011_182804_zpsc9e7fa40.jpg

Hose with clamp in place and shrinked.

IMG_20131011_184335_zpsd8e783bb.jpg

Cleaned off lettering.

IMG_20131011_184909_zpsb5c5f650.jpg

Here is my routing and a close up of block with 2 clamps. I am leak testing and finishing assembly today.

IMG_20131012_132245_zpscc343be0.jpg

IMG_20131011_225816_zps5fa4243f.jpg

Looking real nice.....the leak test is, of course, the proof of the puddin' but I'm going to be very surprised if you have any issues there. Nice work. :thup:

Leak testing went well. I installed Windows, ran a few passes of cinebench to check load temps, installed drivers, etc. Highest temp I ever saw was 43. I am unsure of the load capacity of the dimastech water block, there are very few reviews on it, but I will find out when I start pushing the overclock. Cooling so far, seems very good.

Last edited:
I am having issues with the center gpu throttling, it looks like there is not enough room for adequate ventilation. I am thinking that I may put my 7970 with full cover block in that center slot.
With 100% load on cpu and all three gpu's:
Cpu is 4.0 GHz, 12 cores 58 degreees
Gpu1 is at 90 degrees.
Gpu2 is at 95-97 degrees.
Gpu3 is a 79 degrees.
Load is primeminer set for 11 cores and cgminer intensity 16 on all three gpu's.

I am having good luck with these clamps. I just ordered some more from amazon so that I can expand my loop with a GPU and another radiator. I ordered a 290x and ek block. I am also contemplating a drive bay reservoir pump combo instead of having they pump down in the bottom by the PSU.

I am having good luck with these clamps. I just ordered some more from amazon so that I can expand my loop with a GPU and another radiator. I ordered a 290x and ek block. I am also contemplating a drive bay reservoir pump combo instead of having they pump down in the bottom by the PSU.

Are you just keeping that CPU and loop and adding a 290x and radiator? Those 3 existing hot GPU's are mixing me up. lol

Yeah you could grab a nice Monsoon series 2 with the MCP-35x adapter but that would cost extra $. It is a nice reservoir though and will give you a nice bling to the rig.

What case is that? NZXT?

Nope I am taking out the 7950s. I am putting a 2x120 in the top and putting everything together as one loop. The case is a fractal designs xl r2.

I have been using these clamps for a while. Function is ok, but they are a pain if you have to change things. You have to cut them off and replace. I changed pump to a dual bay xspc.

I have been using these clamps for a while. Function is ok, but they are a pain if you have to change things. You have to cut them off and replace. I changed pump to a dual bay xspc.

The only negative with shrink clamps. I've been using them for years on automotive stuff. If you search you can find thick walled shrink tube take should be strong enough to secure hose to barb fitting on the average loop, you do not have a lot of internal pressure to deal with, unlike a automotive setup with 15psi plus.

Back