• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hwbot's Country Cup -come here to help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I3 hwbot prime result submitted. I will work on milking a few more points out of it, but Ln2 is not in the near future for me.

Awesome. Thanks. Loading vista x86 atm so will give it a try then check w7 64.

Update- A sad day in paradise :(

The phase head is projecting about an inch beyond the clamshell and is angled about 20 degrees off the horizontal. This means that to get the head flat against the cpu, the entire clamshell and mounting bracket are at an angle resulting in the mounting plate being at an angle and higher than before so could only get enough thread on the mounting screws to get 3 nuts to grab (and, yes, seeing that made my nuts itch, too but that'd different). The 2 problems clearly resulted in a poor head/cpu connection....temps idled at 0C but shot to 70C with load.

Thinking that I need to get the clamshell open to get the head straight (parallel with the edge of the clamshell) and seat it a little deeper into the shell.

Anyone have thoughts or maybe links to useful instructions before I try to disassemble the head?

Last edited:
Well, I've come to the conclusion that a socket 939 single core CPU is utter crap when it comes to 3D benching (with Aquamark 3 at least).

The CPU is quite clearly holding back my GTX 260 video card. I've seen people with better systems running with a GTX 260 get better scores at stock speeds than I can get at my max overclock. It also seems that my GTX 260 is a dud though, because it can't get past 645MHz on the GPU core clock. It absolutely will not even try to go beyond that, and if I try to set say 650MHz it will revert back to stock settings even when I'm just at the desktop and not running any 3D applications. Either it's a dud or it just doesn't like running overclocked in this system.

I've got the video card up to 645MHz core, 1100MHz memory, and 1500MHz on the shaders. I haven't really put much of an effort into it though, given that I know very little about GPU overclocking and don't know what it's limits are as far as how far I can go without breaking something I've been a bit on the cautious side with my overclocking fro this one.

Anyway, I've got a submission in for 112,584. Which isn't great, but it was the best I've been able to muster with the hardware I have on hand. Besides, I've been waiting on someone else to submit something, but no one has. So, at least we're closer to having the required number of submissions. Actually, a week or two ago there was another submission (I remember seeing four of them), but it has apparently been disqualified for some reason.

My best score was out-done by someone on Ln2. I won't be able to get any Ln2 anytime soon, so that is pretty much it for me.

Finally got a catzilla sub. Lousy score but still within the top 5 for the us. Now just need to learn how to overclock this setup. Also...why isn't my submission showing up in the leg for the us?
edit: Didn't make the us entry because my sub blows :/ Really need to figure out how to oc this thing (asrock fm2a75pro4-m). Thankfully have a few weeks still :/

Last edited:
Just realized my laptop has an AMD E-350 APU processor in it, which qualifies it to submit in the Catzilla stage. I think I'll at least run Catzilla on it to see if I can get a decent score that would be worth submitting. I've never run Catzilla before, so this will be a new benchmarking experience for me as I'm completely unfamiliar with the Catzilla benchmark.

Guess I'm not quite done with the competition yet.

I was going to do some runs for the low-clock SuperPi 32m stage, but I realized last night that all of the current submissions are much faster runs than I can achieve on any of my hardware.

Last edited:
Well, no luck on Catzilla.

The best I could score was 420, but the submission that was already in for an E-350 scored 457 so I'm out of luck there. Just couldn't get mine any higher.

Not surprised, they were running an SSD and 6GB of RAM. I've only got a 5400RPM HDD and 3GB of RAM. I guess an SSD and/or more memory makes a difference in this benchmark.

I'm finished with this competition unless I can find either a better video card to improve my submission for the Aquamark 3/FX stage, or get an LGA775 board with an AGP slot so I can possibly do something for the 3DMark03 stage.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like it would take too much to improve on our 3d03 scores.
A 6800k with a 6670 discrete card would be the top hybrid possibility.
pcie and integrated may be fairly easy to improve also.

make some submissions for your country ivan. There are some random draw prizes, plus you get competition points that will go towards the the team and your personal profile.

There is a pretty wide variety of benches and hardware to run. You should be able to at least do 3d11, 3d03, and sp32m. More if you have other hardware.

I realized last week my 4670agp only has half the bandwidth of the 3850's so i found a 3850agp on Ebay yesterday morning hopefully it does not take forever to get here at least it gives me time to finish modding my board
Plus got my Asus MVE going to see if my ram like this board better then my OCF and try to better my SiuperPI 32M score (know i can better my score on my OCF the question is am I willing to pump more voltage into my ram on air)

@Tech Tweaker I think that Aquamark score is pretty good if you look at Mike_CD score he got you by 20k with a 780 gtx and i think mostly its just because he's running a dual core FX chip

It doesn't look like it would take too much to improve on our 3d03 scores.
A 6800k with a 6670 discrete card would be the top hybrid possibility.
pcie and integrated may be fairly easy to improve also.
I'm going to try to overclock my 6800k again today for catzilla. If I can get decent results will see what graphic card I can use and try 3d03, too.

Back