• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't uninstal itunes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MRip

My gf plugged her external with itunes on it into my Win7 machine and messed around with her music. The next time she tried to open it it gave her an error saying the folder path 'My Music' contains an invalid character. I am now unable to install or uninstall itunes because once that error pops up the program crashes. It looks like there used to be a Microsoft utility that could fix this but it has been taken off of their website. Anyone know where I can get this program or of another way to fix the problem?

have you tried deleting the program file and associated registry keys that go with itunes?

I went through and tried to clean things up manually but I must have missed something. I'll give the utility a shot. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
No problem. I work in technical support and it is one of my favorite tools. ;)

You should never have installed it to begin with.
I don't have an I anything and NEVER will but I did see this free ap the other day which might work better for you.
CopyTrans Free Ipod Mgr
http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php
Like I said, haven't used it but at least it aint crapple ware
Does not run on macs-ah ha ha

Back