• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this good????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a nice low budget card. Not great for ocing tho. If you want a decent card you'll do better with a FX5900XT card. You can also pick up a 9800 Pro for more or less the same price as the 5900XT.

If you're planning on ocing, don't waste your money on that 5600.

*Edit*

Look at this and it can be flashed to a 5950 ultra ;)

Wow.... That is nice :). However, rite now my buget is only $100 :(. Maybe I should wait. So you saying only 5900XT can flash to 5950?
Thanks.

Yeah... I'd certainly buy that card.... Oh wait... I did....
Nebulous speaketh the truth.

I tried a 5600U, 5700U and a HIS Radeon 9800Pro.
I hated them all. Not enough FPS in games with higher details, crappy catalyst.

I'm currently running my XFX 5900XT as a 5950U. Works great but gets very hot!

I too had to go over budget, but I'm really happy I did. I bet I'm poorer than you too. :p

I just bought the same card that Nebulous was refuring to. Hopefully it will be here by Friday. LOL, I was just searching through the Nvidia section to see if I could find some info on that XFX card.

Before i bought my 5900NU id idn't know i could flash it to a 5950U (use to be an ATI guy). After i got it home i started reading the Nvidia boards, and i am glad i didn't waste the extra $200 or so on the 5950U like i wanted too lol.

Back