• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROBLEM Running City Of Heroes help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OcLinNoob

K so i just bought a new fx 5200 card for my computer, I install it and every thing installed the drivers also. than i installed the game, installation was successful, after i load the game and agree with the policy i get this message
card or driver doesnt support GL_EXT_complied_vertex_array & GL_ARB_multitexture & GL_ARB_texture_compression

Anyone know wats happening? help plzz thanks!

one question would be...and please don't take me wrong...but why would you go from a 9700np to a 5200??? that is a downgrade in performance and image quality. I'm not trying to knock your choice but from what I read in your sig you have a 9700np....is this fx5200 for your rig or a second rig?
Sorry just had to ask...as for your problem I'm not to sure. If you went from an ATi card to an Nvidia card I'd say that has a lot to do with it. You really need to make sure you clean out the old drivers. Most people find it less complicated to just reinstall windows when they go from Nvidia to ATi or ATi to Nvidia. That's the most I could think of. I hope that helps.

Hi sorry i was posting this for a friend he's going nutz cause the game wont work. he also gots intel(r) 82810E graphics contrller driver installed. if he uninstalls that one should it work?

That would most likely be his problem. He needs not only to uninstall the onboard graphics driver, but also he needs to disable the onboard graphics on the motherboard, or in the motherboards bios. After seeing that you said that this is for a friends computer and you listing the mobo chipset #'s, I take it this is for an HP or Dell computer and the FX5200 is actually an "upgrade" lol. Anyways, get the onboard video disabled and all should work fine. You may even have to go into the system tools page and disable the onboard there as well since the computer will probably still detect the onboard graphics even with them disable in hardware.

aah yes i had this problem, you NEED to do the intel INF update :) then reinstall drivers its an OGL issue with non updated chipset.

Back