• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Join the "\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Aww, bummer. I like your rigs, though. Nice work with the paint on those two Silverstones. I really dig that case and thought about getting it before I decided on my P180 Mini. How did you do your paint?

And if Diaz doesn't see this in the next day or so, I'm tagging my sig with the stamp without his approval. :)

Would my little custom & overclocked celeron system (Baby AT) count? It's smaller than mATX :D

Aww, bummer. I like your rigs, though. Nice work with the paint on those two Silverstones. I really dig that case and thought about getting it before I decided on my P180 Mini. How did you do your paint?

And if Diaz doesn't see this in the next day or so, I'm tagging my sig with the stamp without his approval. :)

Thanks!!!
All the paint work I did with automotive paint and clear.

Self-stamped, reporting for duty! :salute:

Crazy: How did you do your automotive paint? I mean did you completely sand down, prime, and wet-sand those Silverstones before painting and clear-coating them? They look fantastic in those pictures. You should do one in a red-orange, or try a two-tone.

Crazy: How did you do your automotive paint? I mean did you completely sand down, prime, and wet-sand those Silverstones before painting and clear-coating them? They look fantastic in those pictures. You should do one in a red-orange, or try a two-tone.

Yes they were completely dissembled, striped, all new holes filed, primed, sanded, painted, cleared, wet sanded and buffed.

Thank you very much!!

;) More to come!!! ;)

Sounds good, sorry for the delay! You system is an easy pass :santa:

Alright, here's my newly upgraded rig. Just changed out my 955BE for a 1090T.

The screenshot shows all the necessary information during one complete hour of Prime95.

Does this make me the first member with a hex core? :cool:

EDIT: For some reason my images aren't showing up.

Beauty :thup:

Where have you been, Diaz? Sheesh!

I have a second overclocked mATX rig up and running, too. Another GIgabyte board, this time an 880 chipset. It has an X3 740BE unlocked to an X4 running at 3.6ghz @ 1.425v, folding protein 24/7.

We need to get more people to stamp their sigs... I might start hunting for non-members with matx l33t rigs in their sigs...

What I really need is a helper who is more active and can help maintain the club when I'm away... ;)

Yes, Diaz, it is. It has one additional expansion slot, but I've seen a few mATX cases like that with five slots instead of the usual four. His case counts for your club.

The bigger question is, how overclocked is that 555BE? :) Unless I'm getting you mixed up with someone else, v1ks, aren't you having some problems overclocking?

It's a mATX, yeah.

No problems with overclocking... for now anyway. I do have some serious problems with unlocking though. Almost starting to think it won't happen. When I unlock my 555, windows explorer and CCC keeps crashing. Funny thing is that it actually passed some 45hrs in Prime95 Blend, but it won't let CCC run. There's a thread in AMD CPU thread if anyone has any ideas...

Between trying to get the cores stable I've done some minimal OCing by just bumping up the mult. 3.9Ghz passed 9hrs of Prime95 Blend with everything left to Auto in BIOS (no BSOD, no errors, stopped the test to fiddle some moar). Temps didn't exceed... can't remember anymore since I've spent the last few days rebooting all the time. I think it didn't exceed 37C under load.

Added another CM Blade Master to that TX3 and actually put my RAM into the right slots so they run in Dual-Channel :chair:

Without threadjacking too much, just remember that AMD sold that as a dual core for a reason. Just because other people have success with unlocking doesn't mean you will, too. I hate to say it, but if you really wanted or needed a trike or a quad you should have bought one. :shrug:

I'm keeping an eye on your thread in the AMD forum.

As a dual-core, however, how much do you have it overclocked? Because as far as I'm concerned, if you have a healthy overclock on it then you should join the club. Your case and mobo certainly count.

Yep, do realize they sell 'em as duals for a reason :) Unless, of course, one gets lucky and gets a stable quad that was locked to meet the demand for duals. Thing that confuses me is that it doesn't BSOD when unlocked, even more, it does 45hrs of prime blend without a hiccup... that and the fact that I can manage to boot it quad and tri without explorer crash (CCC still crashes though) is the only reason I'm still bothering. Running out of ideas fast, heh. Well, I'll have one left until I get my GPU. Starting to think that IGP doesn't like what-ever Core Unlocker is doing to unlock...

As a dual I think I've booted without a BSOD at 4.5GHz, but that gives an error in Prime in under 30mins. Last 'semi-stable' (passed 30min mark on Prime) was around 4.3GHz... I'll keep fiddling and will update my sig one I find my max stable OC. From what I've read and what I've seen so far, I'm fairly confident I can run it in 4 - 4.3 range with reasonably low vCore.

One thing that has me concerned is the fact that I can't seem to be able to push my temps to 50C (neither core, nor socket)... even with 1.525 set in BIOS. Knowing my cooling ain't great makes me wonder if it (HWMonitor while running as dual) is reading the temps right.

Sorry for double post...

screeny_new.jpg

Is this considered a 'healthy overclock'? I -think- I could get it stable at 4.4 and 4.5 as well, if I go over 1.5V. That's something I don't really want to do because the pc is running 24/7.

I work shifts, so I can just leave it in Prime for testing. Current setup passed 44hrs just fine. I'm also quite impressed with the RAM to be honest. It's pretty much as budget as you can go, yet it does 6-7-6-20 for me and some reviews have managed to run this kit at 2000+ Mhz @CL10 (or was it 9, I don't remember) :)

Back