• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian LI Aquacomputer project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dfi-Boy

well after a long wait on parts i finaly have some pics to post up..
the build up is based on the lian li v2000 case and only using aquacomputer parts. Now i have had a lot of hard times tring to get AC stuff to the U.S.A. but I have every thing here or on its way here. Now what you are about to see, a lot of people think its point less, overkill, or costs to much. So im only going to say this one time this is MY build and it is built for me by me and how i want it. enjoy the pics

lite on dvd burners
normal_DSC01270.JPG

1.5 gb of hyper x ram
normal_DSC01273.JPG

6800 gt with the water block installed
normal_DSC01319.JPG

the nb block
normal_DSC01322.JPG

normal_DSC01323.JPG

the cpu water block
normal_DSC01361.JPG

normal_DSC01362.JPG

Last edited:
im still missing a few parts for final test fitting right now i have none of the reds for this pc. and only half of the front pannel stuff is in. so tomarow is going to be a good day with more pics.

ok i have been planing my attack route with the 3 loops

the cpu loop will run like this

pump-cpu-360rad-res

the mother board loop will run

pump-ram-vid-nb-120rad-res

the harddrive loop looks to be the one giving the most problems as far as room in my case the plan is

pump-hd-hd-hd-hd-hd-hd-120rad-res

a lot of this stuff may change when the 3 rads come in as i may start to have fitment problems in two places on the case.... the top rad and the largest of the three 360rad with 3 fans may hang a lil to low to fit up top. If this happens i may have to reconfigure my front panel set up on the case

the 2nd problem will be the 120 rad mounted to the front of the case i think i have a good game plan on that but it looks like the same issues as above mouting the fan to the rad and not have it interfear with the hard drive rack will be fun.

so im not shure how deep the rads are in the 120 or 360 size because i dont have them on hand. im hoping they are not as thick as the 160mm rad that i have because that will be a pain to mod in to the case.

the 360 rad finaly came in yester day so i cut the top of the case and installed it.

i lost some of my on board functions like 2 usb headers 3 pci slots and i had to find another place to mount a pump.

so after about 2 hours of beating my head in to the wall. i managed to fit every thing in the case and have it look nice ill post some pics when i get home

johnny5c said:
Very nice work, can't wait to see it when it's done. That front mount res is sick, do you plan on backlighting it?

ya.. the plan is to have 2 leds mounted on each front panel res
normal_DSC01384.JPG

the led mounts in the plexi cap

With that much water cooling parts, I would think by then it'd be cheaper to simply coat and seal all electricial compoments and dunk the case in a fish tank. :D

Great one, looking forward to your completed case.

Back