• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going to buy...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2364

Ok- i finally decided to buy a water cooling system by the parts and not a kit, but i need you guys to make shure that this will be compatible with each other, thanks:

Maze 3, tested at 85 psi, with copper top, 1/2" fittings
Cooler Core COMBO (Unpainted) -- 1/2"
Delta Mid CFM 120mm fan
Arctic Silver III
Masterkleer 1/2' ID Tubing - 10ft length
2 ,6pk of Hose Clamps
Red Line WaterWetter® (4oz)

i can out figure which pump to get, so if you guys can help that would be great...
Via Aqua 1300 370gph Pump/Reservoir
or
High Output MaxiJet Pump/Tank Combo

If someone could go through all of this and make shure that everything is compatible, and is a goo dprice, that would be great...

you will need to mod that via pump if you want silence, but it looks like everything will work, pm Dodge Viper, he makes nice heatercores and shrouds for a comparible price!

I have one of those Via pumps and didnt have to mod it. Mine is very quiet. One thing I would suggest to you is trying to buy all your parts from one place. A few of the items might be cheaper elsewhere, but you'll prolly save that in shipping. Also all your parts should arrive at same time. And you might wanna check out some CLearFlex tubing.

peace.
unloaded

Maxijet res combo is a no brainer to setup, and very quiet. Bleeds in like 30 secs. Best part I like allows keeping the plumbing arrangement nice and simple. I didnt want tubing running all over the place, which ruled out a T line. The maxijet res combo allowed me to run 1/2 tubing upwards along the side wall the mb is mounted on (nicely snuggled behind all the drive bays), so keeping the inside of my case very clean despite fitting all the wc components inside a mid tower. My goal was to keep the mb unobstructed and the maxijet res really helped in this regard. Not a lot of people who share this concern but to each his own. :D

I would opt for the Eheim 1250 myself, and I would get the TC-4 over the Maze 3... You should also think about buying or making some shrouds for the rad.

nickhsub the radiator comes with a shroud, so there would be no need to make one myself...
also what kind coolant should i use? distilled water?

matt2364 said:
nickhsub the radiator comes with a shroud, so there would be no need to make one myself...
also what kind coolant should i use? distilled water?
Yes distilled water and some Water wetter or purple ice.

What does WaterWetter/Purple Ice do? Is it for keeping the system clean? I heard they help get water to sub-zero temps, but would you still need them if you just want to cool to ambient?

Tipycol said:
What does WaterWetter/Purple Ice do? Is it for keeping the system clean? I heard they help get water to sub-zero temps, but would you still need them if you just want to cool to ambient?
What they do is reduce surface tension of the water, they make the water more 'slippery' to help reduce viscosity. They will also help with corrosion and creepy crawlies. Use one oz. per quart of distilled water...

Cheezboy said:
or you could try Super Cool instead of Wetter Water or Purple Ice. No one has tried it yet, but I want to see if it is really better :)

I got some of that when I picked up my TC-4. Seems to work fine and doesn't change the color of the water too much.

I'd pick the TC-4 over a Maze3 everyday too!

i love the masterklear tubing, i am using it currently. i also like the via agua 1300 pumps, i have 2 of them, and they work great. i dont really know about the noise of the pumps, as i have 2 delta 120mm fans @3200 rmp, so THOSE are kinda loud, but my temps are great.:D

Back