• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will My card Do this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

I have a CPU Builders :-/ GeForce MX440 64 Mb card :-/ and am wanting to get the most performance out of it for the time being. So does this card have any pipes I can open and if so how? Also most importantly can I OC it? I know I can but will the cooling hold up and is it wise to do it with no temp readings? I have a stock cooler on it wih consists of a large heatsink covering a fair portion of the card with a small fan that dosent seem to be pushing very much air so would it be safe to OC it and or the memory(I need memory speed the most) I know stupid question but this card is really $%&* :temper:

I dont know much about the ol MX's cept they suck. You can overclock the video card's core and memory using Rivatuner or powerstrip www.guru3d.com is where you can find rivatuner.

Just go slowly on the core and memory going up by 5mhz for each then testing the card by playing some games and running 3dmark benchmark's. Keep going until you get artifacts or the card lockups or reboots. Then slowly go back down in speed until it doesnt artifact and reboot anymore.

Video card sensors only came out until recently so yes its perfectly fine to oc without one.

Btw welcome to the forums.

As long as you dont overclock it to the breaking point youre fine, once you find an overclock that is stable doesnt lockup/reboot or artifact whe ndoing intense stuff then it should be perfectly fine.

Ok thanks maybe I can get a little better performance out of it. One other question for my buddy here. He has the same card I do but it is integrated errm. Can he do anything with that? Thaanks for the replys :beer:

Generally integrated graphics have passive cooling and not very good passive at that. I wouldnt recommend it because if it does go wrong you could toast the whole board and not just the video.

Back