• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! No Diaplay after flashing for infinty Dark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brown_dog

Registered
I have the DFI infinity Dark P965 (not an S model)
After purchasing the Board
I have tried flashing this board simply to update the BIOS.
I followed the instructions to the Dot. Using winflash since I dont have a floppy drive.

in winflash I checked the options select all and cmos default. after a successful flash in windows xp It prompted me to restart to take effect. Then boom no display black screen no signal coming from the video card the board seemed to post since in sounded the teeet! sound, but black screen with no signal coming from the video card.

I have done this twice. In my first BIOS update with the same board this happened then I RMAed the Board and got the replacement without any problem. Then I updated the BIOS again then No diplay. Ohh man.

Can anybody give their opinon on this im suspecting the winflash utility itself is buggy. I heard some forums that by reseting the cmos for five minutes will resolve this problem. But I have tried it and it didn't seem to work but I didn't wait for 5 mins for the cmos jumper to stay in reset though.

Is there any difference between waiting for 5 mins to let the jumper in cmos sit in reset rather than just reseting it for a few seconds?

Thanks for the suggestion. Already cleared the cmos overnight. will try it if I have time. I felt lazy assembling this motherboard again and again over 4-5times already bacuse of the RMAs and the trial and errors to fix this motherboard. it caused me loads of trouble. :sigh:.

I've read the current Winflash version has a problem with the DFI blood iron board, so perhaps it may have a problem with this model as well.

No possible way to get/borrow a floppy drive? I don't use em either, but have 2 stored away just in case.

(Bios manuf. seriously need to get away from floppy requirements...)

Back