• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron850@1054 on Abit BE6, who could help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ErazorAMG

Registered
I´ve got a celeron 850 on an Abit BE6 running stable at 1.7V with 1054 Mhz with 124 FSB. I´ve got a 3D Prophet II MX. If I try to run the system with 133 it begins to hang in 3D Mark 2001 one. Also if I set the VCore to 1.9V. I think it´s not an problem of the CPU itself, even more the board or the graphiccard because of the overclocked AGP-Bus. Who can help me? Please write me to [email protected]

Greetings to all overclockers all over the world

Well I've heard of those chips making it to 133 but I guarantee not all of them do. You might have a not-so-good chip. Try cooling on the northbridge, that helped me get my BE6-II running 133 a while ago. Maybe some more volts, although if running 1.9 doesn't help I don't know how much higher you want to go. If it is the video card you think, I don't know what will make a card happier at a high FSB.

Thank you for helping me, but I got the same problem when the system runs with 100 FSB and the AGP also. That´s a lot for AGP but I´m sure it´s my graphiccard. Thanks, greetings Alex.

GF-2's can run way out of spec so your rite in thinking that its not a problem unless its a heat issue then it could cause a problem but i would be more worried about your CPU temps what are they? Also what kind of memory do you have? do you have a VIA chipset or BX?

My BE6-II ALWAYS locks up with 133FSB, she just WON'T do 133 using whatever setting! Strangely enough she will do 132 or 134 (max. I ever ran at was 140) but I've heard of others who are at 133 without a hickup. You should keep PCI slots 3 and 5 unused cuz these share IRQ and busmaster signals with the onboard Highpoint ATA controller. Maybe this might be my problem, so I'm getting an old ISA NIC so I can free up PCI slot 3. I also thought about getting CL2 PC133 RAM, cuz maybe it could be the OCed iBX chipset not liking my generic CL3 RAM...

outhouse said:
GF-2's can run way out of spec so your rite in thinking that its not a problem unless its a heat issue then it could cause a problem but i would be more worried about your CPU temps what are they? Also what kind of memory do you have? do you have a VIA chipset or BX?

The CPU temps are okay, the are about 36°C. I´ve got an BX chipset.

Back