• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HL2 PRELOADING Aug 17TH!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Cache file you download will be heavily encrypted, probably missing a quite a few files, and definitely missing the .exe. Now that said, like i said above, there is a cache file of CS:S that i downloaded last night. But i can't do anything with it b/c its still encrypted.

Im downloading it first because i have my ATi Coupon, and if i send that in it will take atleast a month to get the game back, so Im going to just buy a copy of the game at a later date.

I'll just wait and pick it up somewhere. I bought Doom 3 for $49.99 from Wal-Mart like 3 days after it came out. There were no lines etc. They had about one half of the entire PC software aisle stocked with it. Plenty of supply.

BS or not, i'm don't care. Half Life 2 has been delayed far too much that it has lost my interest. I will eventually get my copy from my pre-order about a year ago.

Heavily encrypted? Hahaha, that doesn't stop anyone from cracking it. Like I always say, if it can be made, it can be broken.

Hey, is this 2003 or 2004? Didn't we got through this around this time last year? Isn't about time for the annoucement that it'll be available in time for the Christmas shopping season? The delay's have killed this game unless it's 100% awesome. Farcry and Doom3 ahve raised the bar so high I wonder if they will even catch up. My two cents.

I have something to say about that mrgreenjeans, but it would be against forum policy. But i can say this. It will beat D3 and farcry.

The preloading is just the textures and audio its not the game engine itself, after the preloading once the engine is done that will be another download. Theres no way to play it unless you took the new textures and audio and transplanted them over the leaked "beta."

But If preloading does indeed start Aug 17 id imagine an early september release is quite possible for B&M stores.

Agent_Mull said:
I have something to say about that mrgreenjeans, but it would be against forum policy. But i can say this. It will beat D3 and farcry.
Everyone has the right to disagree, although I don't see why my statement is so objectionable, unless you work for Valve and know something the rest of us don't. I have played FarCry and Doom3, but only vapourware on HL2. Besides, isn't there a quote somewhere about opinions and how everyone's got one. :D

Robrules18 said:
The preloading is just the textures and audio its not the game engine itself, after the preloading once the engine is done that will be another download. Theres no way to play it unless you took the new textures and audio and transplanted them over the leaked "beta."

But If preloading does indeed start Aug 17 id imagine an early september release is quite possible for B&M stores.
Ive heard from a number of sources that the bsp versions and everything is different between the Alpha and now.

And mrgreenjeans, its not objectionable its about the beta. Thus i can't talk about it according to forums rules, tho talking about it is not illegal. I mean www.hl2world.com forums talk about it all the time, and gabe even pays their forums a visit every once in a while...

I'm going to buy the boxed version as well, I think the preload will mainly be for mods and stuff. Not sure really how its all going to come together though.

ok i know i sound like a totaly n00b here but...when u guys are talking about preloading this stuff...what is it that u are d/ling NOW?..what is it that u WILL BE d/ling on the 17? what do u need to have b4 u can d/l this stuff...does it have to do with HL2? or is this just some new CS version? who is Gabe? :bang head

I have the legal key that was included with my card. I think I'll just wait till the game is out, download ISOs via Bittorrent and use my legal cd key to play. Hopefully it will work fine.

I don't need Steam or any other copyright protection software on my PC.

Once the game is out it's out, as simple as that. This is just BS and trying to get some attention back to HL2 vaporware...

Shawn123456 said:
?? i still dont get it..u didnt really answer my ?'s... :(

I wasn't answering your questions. Gabe is a boss at Valve AFAIK. They make HL2. This is not a new version of CS and to be honest I have no idea what's this all about.

Back