• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

building an a64 rig anything i should now? (NOTE DFI LANPARTY UT)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

hey i'm building my buddy a new computer (get this he was actually using a p4 1.6 WILAMETTE!!!!!!! with sdram and freaking sis chipset ecs board... ) and he wants something that wil run hl2 well. So he asked me what to do, and i reccomended a64 since i hear its better then intel for gaming. Anyhow, my question is this, i've built tons and tons of computers before for socket a and p3,p4... this is going to be my first a64 build. I was wondering is there anything i should know? Is there anything that is different from building any other rig? Also if his processor isn't detected/is detected for lower speed (i told him to get a Newcastle 2800+) do i have to adjust the hypertransport settings also? If so what would i need to adjust it to?

oh ya anyone have any good links to other threads that might help me out? if so i'd me much appreciated :)

thanks in advance

Back