• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BenQ EW2440L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeknoBug

http://www.benq.ca/product/monitor/ew2440l/

This monitor just hit the shelves last week (Jan 16?) with a surprisingly decent pricetag ($215 CDN) for such a 144Hz monitor. The design looks modern and very nice and has almost no bezel on the sides (great for multi-monitor config) so it has me interested. However the drawback is that it has no DVI connector, it only has VGA, 2 HDMI (one is linked for mobile device connection), and audio jacks and not to mention the connectors are setup in a very strange way- vertically up the middle of the monitor on the back.

My concern mostly is HDMI, right now DVI dual-link has an advantage in resolution and refresh rate capacity, but this monitor is 144Hz and 1920x1080 max and as far as I know HDMI 1.4/a/b are locked at 120Hz, would this be a big deal at all? I can maintain 115-120fps in many games without vsync on my 60Hz monitor right now with DVI-I, suppose there won't be that much of a difference?

Back