• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Color difference between DVI and HDMI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SirDanko

Registered
I just purchased an AOC E2752S and already owned the AOC E2752V (the S being the newer version of the V). The S only has HDMI ports, so naturally I am using HDMI for that and DVI for the V. Both are running of a single EVGA GTX 770.

The default HDMI monitor color seems to be very saturated or bland in comparison to the V running DVI. I have done much googling to find a solution, and the best I have found is to change the resolution of the HDMI monitor using the NVIDIA Control Panel. Under Display > Change Resolution I should be able to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080 under the PC section, as opposed to the default 1920x1080 under the Ultra HD, HD, SD seciton. Doing so would be setting it the same as the DVI monitor. However... There is no 1920x1080 option.... The highest resolution option it gives me is 1680x1050. Making a custom resolution of 1920x1080 using the customize option gives me an error telling me that option already exists in the PC section, when it does not...

I have confirmed that I have the same problem using HDMI on the V as well. I've fully removed and reinstalled my drivers. I've updated monitor drivers.

For the time being, I have found that by changing the "Digital color format" to YCbCr444 instead of RGB and messing with the gamma has allowed me to get the color relatively close to being the same as DVI, though I would much prefer to just have them using the same settings and therefore be "exactly" the same.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I have found an answer to this via another forum.

Set a custom resolution of 59.999Hz as shown in this video.

Alternatively you can download a utility called 'Nvidia RGB Full/Limited Range Toggler' as detailed in the calibration section of this review.

Back