• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best looking PC game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPL Tech

Best graphics. What is it? Bioshock so I hear. Skyrim is up there. So is Firefall. What else?

I want to know from you what it is. I am in the market for a new game, and I want something that looks stellar.

Yes I understude this after reading your post but title is not clear :)

As far as a gaming pc I think there is more then enough choses Wait untail A guru comes by he will give u a better amswer OR look around on Sig's loot at mine if u click on me u wont see a sig on my post coz im sending this to u from my phone

good luck

If you mean straight up graphics quality, that will vary from person to person based on taste. I liked the way bioshock looked well enough but i wouldnt consider it even near the top of the list for graphics.

And unmodded skyrim looks like garbage even with the official hd texture pack, with the shadows being so godawful bad they are a distraction.

I personally would probably vote crysis 3 or tomb raider 2013. Graphics quality isnt a good metric for a game though, because i wouldnt say crysis 3 is a better game than bioshock infinite.

Graphics quality isnt a good metric for a game though, because i wouldnt say crysis 3 is a better game than bioshock infinite.

Maybe, but it is a good metric for your GPUs. It's kind of a waste of money to buy a high-end GPU if you are not even going to run the heaviest games or some insane resolution.

Crysis3, Battlefield 4, I really liked FarCry3's graphics but they are a little stylized.

Not to send you elsewhere but there is always a huge thread on neogaf that people take amazing screenshots of the games they are playing.

Anyone play Assassins Creed Black Flag? Hows that rank for graphics quality?

I don't know why you care about graphics so much while most of the games on the market are really bad and it's hard to play more than 1-2 evenings. The main issue is probably that designers focus on 2-5h of good looks than actual fun for longer.
There are maybe 1-2 titles per year that are good like BF4. All others if don't have multiplayer then are 5h and done and you never want back.

bf4 has good graphics, but i havent played since before the mantle update because of the bugs, and now that they finally have alot of the bugs fixed they have had the paid dlc added which is annoying.

ive been playing cod4 and league of legends, and have been toying with lotro because good graphics games have been crappy lately... and i dont even like mmorpg's.

other than that i havent even bothered to spend money on any new games for a while for these reasons.

I played AC4 with a 760 on very high settings. While it was "good" looking, it wasn't as visually "stunning" like BF4 single player. Still looks rather cartoonish IMO.

Goat Simulator is out, very graphic, much wow....

But on a more serious note, it depends what you are after.... I absolutely LOVED Bioshock Infinite, the art direction especially blew me away, something of which I haven't seen much of in any other current modern titles. However, while the art direction was quite superb, the graphics itself, while very gorgeous, I wouldn't say compare to the depth in graphics for such a game as say, the Tomb Raider reboot. You may have an interest in Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, and Metro: Last Light if all you are interested in is graphics.

If you want FUN games, this would be my personal list:
Broforce
Titanfall
Quake Live
South Park: The Stick of Truth (Mature content, which should be obvious from the title... But that is the official trailer)

Last edited:
what was the anti aliasing set at? AC4 brings my 770 to it's knees if I max out the game. Looks brilliant but unplayable by my standards.

I have it on SSAO. I don't have any stuttering or low frame rate issues, but I do get the occasional screen tear.

Back