• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 8320: Noctua Air Cooler vs Corsair H60i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyerker

So, I know the H60i is often thought of as not the best water cooler, obviously. It was cheap. My current case, the CM HAF XB EVO, is better suited for air cooling than for water. So, just out of morbid curiosity...

I am assuming / guessing the Noctua NH-D14 is pretty much the top-end air cooler. Would this cool an FX 8-Core as well or better than the H60i? I might end up using the H60i to cool a backup rig with my FX-4100, and am wondering if it's better suited for that.

Thanks, as usual, for any and all help.

Last edited:
NH-D14 > H60i hands down.

You'll probably see a 5-7°C drop in CPU temp, as well as better airflow over the VRM/socket.

Just a thought. My case, with the 200mm top exhaust installed, seems to not have the clearance for the NH-D14. So I was looking into the NH-C14 or NH-L12 as an alternative. Should fit. And the heatsinks on my RAM aren't any bigger than the sticks themselves, so I'm thinking it could work. Maybe the 200mm up top could even aid the airflow further than push-pull.

Thoughts?

Just looked it up for you, 155mm with a 25mm thick top fan installed.

I would think that two 120mm intake and one 120mm exhaust with an NH-D14 would be your best performance though.

+1 atminside.
if you really want to cool that beast in that case get a coolermaster seidon 240 and install it in place of the two front fans in that case, it fits so nice.

+1 atminside.
if you really want to cool that beast in that case get a coolermaster seidon 240 and install it in place of the two front fans in that case, it fits so nice.

Have you personally used this setup? I am doubting a 2x120 rad will fit in the front with a long video card like the R9 290 or GTX 780.

It fits..I don't recall the exact distance, but I think an 11.5" card would fit. Measure it. ;)

I had that case, an AIO water extreme 2, and I can't recall the gpu. It is close for long gpus. I wish I can remember which I had that fit and didn't....

Mainly looking into cooling at this point because my existing push-pull H60 and 200mm exhaust are a PITA to install. Barely fits. Plus I know the H60 doesn't have the best rep in the first place.

But, the fact is I just bought this 200mm exhaust a couple weeks ago, so I want to find the best cooling solution that will still utilize it. And I am intending to install Noctua 120s in the front and rear for airflow, along with the Noctua air cooler.

Back